Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else had issues changing out OE fog lights with LEDs?
Mine flickered after shutting them off and had to install a module on each light to get them to work right. $200 lights cost an extra $60 to use them lol
:censored:
:puke:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Anyone else had issues changing out OE fog lights with LEDs? Mine flickered after shutting them off and had to install a module on each light to get them to work right. $200 lights cost an extra $60 to use them lol :censored: :puke:
What year's your Jeep?

2014 (may have happened last year?) the fog lights were added to the CANBUS system which will make LED lights flicker. It's been a known issue with LED headlights, just recently for fogs. Prior years, the fogs weren't on the CANBUS so LED flicker was a non-issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What year's your Jeep?

2014 (may have happened last year?) the fog lights were added to the CANBUS system which will make LED lights flicker. It's been a known issue with LED headlights, just recently for fogs. Prior years, the fogs weren't on the CANBUS so LED flicker was a non-issue.
'08. The modules are heavy enough to be capacitors but not sure what makes them work.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
'08. The modules are heavy enough to be capacitors but not sure what makes them work.
Hmm...never heard of a fog flicker issue on an '08; based on everything I've seen, they weren't on the CANBUS back then. I had an '08 JK but never switched the lights.

I have anti-flicker harnesses on my JWS 8700 Evo LED headlights; my understanding is that it's basically just a capacitor which takes the fluctuating power coming from the CANBUS and stores it so it can discharge non-fluctuating power to the lights, eliminating the flicker.

I'll be upgrading my fogs to the JWS LEDs but they don't have an anti-flicker harness for it yet since it's a recent issue.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm...never heard of a fog flicker issue on an '08; based on everything I've seen, they weren't on the CANBUS back then. I had an '08 JK but never switched the lights.

I have anti-flicker harnesses on my JWS 8700 Evo LED headlights; my understanding is that it's basically just a capacitor which takes the fluctuating power coming from the CANBUS and stores it so it can discharge non-fluctuating power to the lights, eliminating the flicker.

I'll be upgrading my fogs to the JWS LEDs but they don't have an anti-flicker harness for it yet since it's a recent issue.
The old gal is proof it exists. Couldn't use them till now cause flashing at oncoming traffic just can't happen. Anyway, I'm glad it's all good now

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
The old gal is proof it exists. Couldn't use them till now cause flashing at oncoming traffic just can't happen. Anyway, I'm glad it's all good now
Yeah, good to know and glad it's fixed.

Where did you find an anti flicker harness for the fogs? I haven't been able to find one yet, just for headlights which (I'm told) won't work on fogs without modifiication.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, good to know and glad it's fixed.

Where did you find an anti flicker harness for the fogs? I haven't been able to find one yet, just for headlights which (I'm told) won't work on fogs without modifiication.
The units are from Bright Source pn 10020. I think my guy up here in Canada got them from Keystone automotive in the US. Let us know where you find them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having the same issue with the LED plug and play bulbs I put in. Beautiful when vehicle is not running, flickers when it is. Where could we get inexpensive harnesses for the fog lights? I have only found harnesses for the headlights.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
I am having the same issue with the LED plug and play bulbs I put in. Beautiful when vehicle is not running, flickers when it is. Where could we get inexpensive harnesses for the fog lights? I have only found harnesses for the headlights.
Bought mine at Headlight Revolution.

·
Registered
77 Posts
What about for stock wiring? Do these fit?

No, you need to install the pigtail that came with the fog lights or order the HR harness. I couldn't get HR to return my calls or e-mails regarding alternate shipping methods (I don't like paying almost $16 to ship a $19 dollar part that can be placed in a padded envelope for like $4) so I just cut off the stock plug and soldered on the new pigtails.

·
Registered
69 Posts
No, you need to install the pigtail that came with the fog lights or order the HR harness. I couldn't get HR to return my calls or e-mails regarding alternate shipping methods (I don't like paying almost $16 to ship a $19 dollar part that can be placed in a padded envelope for like $4) so I just cut off the stock plug and soldered on the new pigtails.
What did you find out?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts