Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered some leds from super bright led. They are extremely bright and well worth the $20 to do these including the resistors. Here is the picture of the stock ones which as we all know are very dull.

Attachments

·
Registered
208 Posts
What are the resistors there, standard 3-ohm?

I'm thinking about going with switchbacks and using inline harness adapters with resistors to avoid tapping into wires.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I am wondering if this set up would run two bulbs. My thought is to do the fender (side marker) bulb and front turn signal bulb mod. So basically I would like to use one resistor unit to run two LED's so they both flash. Any electricians out there?

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Wish there was a simple plug and play LED bulb with build-in resistor for the turn signals. Not a fan of splicing factory wiring. I bought a Phillips LED low profile bulb for my side markers that's brighter then stock from Autozone. Guess I'll be happy with that for now.

·
Registered
208 Posts
There are ways around splicing - you basically need:
-a 3157 female socket
-wires of appropriate gauge
-resistor
-3157 male plug (faux bulb)

You should be able to find pre-made sets comprised of this on eBay. Not that I mind hyperflash, but the EVIC system will display a fault and I don't want that.

Otherwise there is the top of the line is VLED Triton V3 set with adapter/harness system. vleds.com. But they run $150+. I believe a 15% off sale is on now. They also have a lot of 5000K stuff (including fogs) which is harder to find.

I'm going to try buying the components off EBay for much less, however. (Frosted lens switchbacks with the Harness adapters/resistors. Shouldn't exceed $40-50).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts