Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I added a set of these Inspired Engineering 6 CUBE for driving lights and they are WAY to bright for road use. My question is: Is there any way to add a controller to be able to vary the amount of light they put out. So while on Road I could turn them down and then Off road thurn them up? Has anyone ever done this?
Might sound crazy but never hurts to ask.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
You bought the wrong light. They have LED driving lights.

They call them driving lights on their site...but they are for offroad use....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope bought the driving lights "that come with the bracket to replace the stock lights and plug and play wiring that operates with the stock switch. But are noted for offroad use which they all are.
Not complaining at all they are amazing lights, but just amazingly bright.
Actually just got off the phone with them. They had a few suggestions for adding a tint to the lense and to try adjusting them down some more. They said there was no way to adjust brightness though. So that answers that question.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Nope bought the driving lights "that come with the bracket to replace the stock lights and plug and play wiring that operates with the stock switch. But are noted for offroad use which they all are.
Not complaining at all they are amazing lights, but just amazingly bright.
Actually just got off the phone with them. They had a few suggestions for adding a tint to the lense and to try adjusting them down some more. They said there was no way to adjust brightness though. So that answers that question.
You see a LEd with 2200 lumens you know it cant be used while on paved roads...they make 400 lumen driving lights.

Its one or the other....like I said their verbage of driving light is misleading.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So a normal driving light is in the neighborhood of 400 lumen each? Cool I will see what i can come up with. Thanks

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I wonder if you could get the stock dimmer switch from a European model and set it up with resisters to dim the LEDs? I'm sure there is away one could easily set them up as long as LED output can be controlled with voltage.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts