Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had purchased these off brand headlights from Craigslist about a month ago. So far, they work pretty well and don't flicker. The only part is I haven't installed the thing to make the halos work yet, because it don't know how. The yellow wire says it connects to the headlight Vcc+, but I'm not sure what that exactly means? There's also wires that say "the yellow relay connect to the Vcc+ of the left/right side turn light." Now I watch a yt vid of how that works but I'm not sure about the 1st yellow wire mentioned in this post. Any help?

Attachments

·
OVRLNDR
1,802 Posts
If you want them to turn on like a parking light and then stay on when you turn on the headlights you can search "parking light mod" and wire it that way. I did that and the blinker mod at the same time. Now when I turn the switch to the parking light I only have the LED (halos) on. My OEM blinker no longer comes on as the parking lights and when I turn on the blinker, my blinkers come on but so do my little lights on the flares. Just a thought.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want them to turn on like a parking light and then stay on when you turn on the headlights you can search "parking light mod" and wire it that way. I did that and the blinker mod at the same time. Now when I turn the switch to the parking light I only have the LED (halos) on. My OEM blinker no longer comes on as the parking lights and when I turn on the blinker, my blinkers come on but so do my little lights on the flares. Just a thought.
Ok so I'm installing them as I type this, and whenever I connect them to my battery, they come on, even if the jeep is off. I've seen many posts about this and a lot of people having the same problem. Do u know what might be wrong? I have the yellow wire from the halo control box going to the outermost white wire on the turn signal.

·
OVRLNDR
1,802 Posts
Get a harness for plug and play. They ends don't look right. Unfortunately my NightSuns only had one loose wire and that was for the DRL function. Not much more I can help you with. Sorry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a harness for plug and play. They ends don't look right. Unfortunately my NightSuns only had one loose wire and that was for the DRL function. Not much more I can help you with. Sorry.
update: I figured it all out and they now work properly. I purchased a fuse tap and sent the red wire into the fuse box. I added a 10 amp fuse into the tap. Black wire stayed connected to the negative terminal of the battery. Im probably going to make some vid on YouTube to help out anyone else who had the same trouble as me as it was difficult to eventually find out with no other YouTube video out there to my knowledge.

·
Registered
11 Posts
update: I figured it all out and they now work properly. I purchased a fuse tap and sent the red wire into the fuse box. I added a 10 amp fuse into the tap. Black wire stayed connected to the negative terminal of the battery. Im probably going to make some vid on YouTube to help out anyone else who had the same trouble as me as it was difficult to eventually find out with no other YouTube video out there to my knowledge.
Hey I saw on a post that you figured out the halo headlight configuration but I still need a little help. My white halos won't turn on for my drls. Any suggestions? I currently have the black to the negative battery the red to positive battery and the yellow, well idk what to do with the yellow. Tried the fuse box but not sure where it goes.

I would appreciate your help,

Thanks

Cassaundra

·
Registered
194 Posts
Superchips will let you do it. I'm in Canada. I have a 2016. My halos are my day timers.

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey I saw on a post that you figured out the halo headlight configuration but I still need a little help. My white halos won't turn on for my drls. Any suggestions? I currently have the black to the negative battery the red to positive battery and the yellow, well idk what to do with the yellow. Tried the fuse box but not sure where it goes.

I would appreciate your help,

Thanks

Cassaundra
You need to buy a fuse tap along with a 10A fuse, and Wire the red wire into the fuse tap. Then wire the fuse tap to the m7 slot in the fuse box. You can look up where the slot is on google images if you don't know

·
Registered
11 Posts
You need to buy a fuse tap along with a 10A fuse, and Wire the red wire into the fuse tap. Then wire the fuse tap to the m7 slot in the fuse box. You can look up where the slot is on google images if you don't know
Thanks this totally worked

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same issue with my jeep. Can anyone tell me what they did with the yellow wire after installing the red with a fuse tap and hooking up the black to the negative terminal?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts