1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Just my advice: Go onto YouTube and watch some of the videos posted by Headlight Revolution. You'll see that there ARE some great LED bulb upgrades on the market, the the cheap Amazon and eBay ones ain't it.

I've tried a lot of bulbs and what I've learned is that this is one time when you do in fact get what you pay for. If you step on up to the $150 range you can get a set of bulbs that will last forever and put out a wonderful beam pattern and intense white light.

·
Super Moderator
15,500 Posts
I've found that most brighter bulb solutions cause a bunch of glare, lack a beam pattern and are too bright for oncoming traffic.

New housings like JW Speaker, Procomp, trucklight, quadratec, etc change the beam pattern and keep the light from blinding the traffic coming towards you.

Just my .02

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I've found that most brighter bulb solutions cause a bunch of glare, lack a beam pattern and are too bright for oncoming traffic.

New housings like JW Speaker, Procomp, trucklight, quadratec, etc change the beam pattern and keep the light from blinding the traffic coming towards you.

Just my .02
This is exactly why you avoid the cheap bulbs sold on Amazon and eBay. If you buy a quality set of LED bulbs from a reputable vendor like Headlight Revolution, you'll get more light output and a better beam pattern.

A good set of bulbs will actually outperform the overpriced housings sold by Trucklight, Quadratec, etc. in testing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2019 Wrangler Rubicon that does not have the factory LED option. I did some searching and found the Headlight Revolution YouTube videos. I was heading down the road to the GTR products he praises. Just out of curiosity I did a whois website search on headlightrevolution.com and gtrlighting.com. I found that the registrant owner for both is listed as Matt Kossoff of The Retrofit Source Inc in Atlanta. The search results also showed some BBB complaints against HR (https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/atlanta/profile/online-retailer/headlight-revolution-0704-1000015890/complaints). It just seems suspicious that HR is evaluating all these LED headlight bulbs and promoting the GTR bulbs while owning the website for GTR.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
47,411 Posts
I just bought a 2019 Wrangler Rubicon that does not have the factory LED option. I did some searching and found the Headlight Revolution YouTube videos. I was heading down the road to the GTR products he praises. Just out of curiosity I did a whois website search on headlightrevolution.com and gtrlighting.com. I found that the registrant owner for both is listed as Matt Kossoff of The Retrofit Source Inc in Atlanta. The search results also showed some BBB complaints against HR (https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/atlanta/profile/online-retailer/headlight-revolution-0704-1000015890/complaints). It just seems suspicious that HR is evaluating all these LED headlight bulbs and promoting the GTR bulbs while owning the website for GTR.
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I can't seem to find a reference to what I'm looking for in any of the JL forums. My JLUR came with the factory LED tail lights, but only the standard incandescent headlights/foglights/fender llights. I upgraded the headlight and foglight bulbs to LED's from Headlight Revolution some time back, and have been very pleased with them. I recently picked up a set of take-off OEM LED fender lights on eBay and installed them this weekend. I've seen pictures of this upgrade, but WOW!! What a difference seeing it on my own Jeep. Totally changes the look from the front. Now I really want the OEM LED headlights. I'm startingt to see some "better" prices on the OEM take-off LED headlights, and I'm not opposed to buying them used/salvage if they're in good shape (i.e. no cut/spliced harnesses, broken mounting tabs, etc.). My question is, does anyone know if you can buy just the wire harness for the halo effect on the OEM LED lights? I can't find a part number anywhere. I figured worst case I would just reverse-engineer it and make my own with the correct pins for use on the factory harness. Thanks in advance for any help out there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I can't seem to find a reference to what I'm looking for in any of the JL forums. My JLUR came with the factory LED tail lights, but only the standard incandescent headlights/foglights/fender llights. I upgraded the headlight and foglight bulbs to LED's from Headlight Revolution some time back, and have been very pleased with them. I recently picked up a set of take-off OEM LED fender lights on eBay and installed them this weekend. I've seen pictures of this upgrade, but WOW!! What a difference seeing it on my own Jeep. Totally changes the look from the front. Now I really want the OEM LED headlights. I'm startingt to see some "better" prices on the OEM take-off LED headlights, and I'm not opposed to buying them used/salvage if they're in good shape (i.e. no cut/spliced harnesses, broken mounting tabs, etc.). My question is, does anyone know if you can buy just the wire harness for the halo effect on the OEM LED lights? I can't find a part number anywhere. I figured worst case I would just reverse-engineer it and make my own with the correct pins for use on the factory harness. Thanks in advance for any help out there.
They are plug and play (no dealer flash required). There may be some wiring decisions for the halo. I think you can wire them to the DLRs or to a separate switch if you have one. I have the ORACLE Lighting Bi-LED after market headlights with halos. The headlight was plug and play. The halo came with everything needed to run power to the fuse for the DLRs. This is same as the OEMs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
They are plug and play (no dealer flash required). There may be some wiring decisions for the halo. I think you can wire them to the DLRs or to a separate switch if you have one. I have the ORACLE Lighting Bi-LED after market headlights with halos. The headlight was plug and play. The halo came with everything needed to run power to the fuse for the DLRs. This is same as the OEMs.
Thanks. I found a good deal on some refurbished OEM LED headlights on e-Bay and I installed them last night. I found another company on e-Bay who has a harness adapter for these lights. It's a 4-pin adapter for the headlight that my3-pin pug goes into. The 4th wire comes out and supposedly runs directly to the fuse box. Harness should be here Tuesday. Once I get it wired and reflashed with my programmer, this should get the halo DRL's working.

·
Registered
60 Posts
In case anyone's interested, the LED halo harness adapter I found on e-Bay did the trick to get the halos working. Here's the link: (Jeep Wrangler JL JLU Gladiator 4 pin OEM LED Headlight adapter harness for halos | eBay). All in, $172.12 (w/tax). It's a fairly straightforward install. All connections are in the engine bay. No running wires through the firewall. The power wire is a line that you run directly from the passenger side light connection to the fuse box by the firewall. You tap into the fuse for the cigarette lighter. No diagram included, but the wires were labeled perfectly. The only issue I found was the halo wire that runs between the connections had 2 male tips, so I had to add a small jumper wire with female tips to complete the circuit. Honestly, the hardest part was reading the small print on the fuse box cover to find the cigarette lighter fuse location (I refuse to get reading glasses). After seeing how basic this was, I could have reverse-engineered this thing, but this is much cleaner than anything I would cook up on my own. ;)

·
Registered
60 Posts
I received my new headlights a few days before I received the additional wire harness to run the halo lights. While I was waiting on the halo harness, I went ahead and disconnected the main battery, took my winch off to access the grille, and took the front grille assembly apart. I put the new headlights in on Saturday and reconnected the main battery long enough to go ahead and adjust the headlight beam height to account for my lift to have that finished. But other than that, the Jeep sat for a few days with the main battery disconnected. I got the halo harness and put everything back together on Tuesday. All is fine, but now I get a message every time I start the engine telling me the aux switches are temporarily unavailable because the battery is recharging. I can only assume this is referring to the 2nd, smaller battery. The only thing I have running to my aux switches for now are LED back up lights in my rear bumper, and they turn on immediately if I hit the switch while the car is running. Anyone have any idea how it takes for this 2nd battery to recharge? And, if so, I assume it will only recharge while the engine is running?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
No idea factually, but in general vehicles charge above 1500 rpm, so I would assume it would be the same for those batterie too.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts