Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have OPT7 LED headlight bulbs with JK headlights fixtures in my TJ. They put static into the radio when they are on. Would running the upgrade headlight relay power harness off the battery eliminate this, or is it an actual invisible field bubble being put out that creates the radio static? Or, is it coming down the power line? I hear people talking chokes all the time, but what size and do they really work? Which wires would need them? All three at each headlight?

·
Registered
884 Posts
Some cheap LED's are electrically noisy. Several friends of mine who converted to LED headlights have been forced to deal with static and other electrical interference not only in their am/fm radios but also CB radios.

That is one of several reasons why I will not run LED headlights or aftermarket LED driving lights on my jeep. I don't want to take the chance that I would be buying a problem that I would not have by sticking with quality halogen headlight bulbs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.