Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to upgrade my headlights and wanted to get the opinions of you guys from cold weather states who have been running LEDs (especially KC Gravity Pros, Trucklites, and JW Speaker J2). Have you had issues with ice/snow accumulation? I'd rather not spend the extra for heated lights if not necessary, but would happily do so if it meant safer travels in Montana winters.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've had my led headlights for a couple years now in Western Montana and can count the number of times they have been snowed over on one hand. For sure something to think about, but not an everyday problem by any means.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
276 Posts
I had the JW speakers, in northern MN and never had an issue with build up. The new JW has new lights that have heaters.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Quadratec also now has heated LED's which are made by JW Speaker.

I just picked up a pair of their non heated ones to replace my 5 year old Trucklites and have been very impressed with them. If the new heated ones are as good as the Gen II's, they will be a great light. In Montana, I'm thinking on the side of caution and buy the heated lights.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
A cool looking pair of old halogen lights mounted on the front bumper could back up my JWs should they ice up this winter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I currently have the heated lights they are amazing and they better be for the outrageous price. I've had them going on a year zero issues 🤞🏻

1 - 7 of 7 Posts