Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I bought the new Cree LED headlight kit for my 2011 Jeep JK. The bulbs are 5000K. Nice color, pretty bright. They are being powered by 32 watts, and I was wondering if anyone has put any LED or HID's in place of the OEM fog lights to make them brighter

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
JW Speaker 6145 are LED fogs designed to be plug and play replacements for OEM in stock bumper (a bracket is needed for Rubicon 10a/X which is available from maximus-3)

You will need an anti-flicker harness which is harder to find for fogs but readily available for headlights.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Are they significantly brighter than OEM?
I did a lengthy comparison with most of the legitimate headlight brands starting with the earlier version of Trucklites (not the Phase 7).
Headlight Shootout - JeepForum.com

After all that and years of playing with lights for Jeeps, JW Speaker is what I paid money for.

It's not just "brighter" that matters, it's where the light goes, where it doesn't go, power draw, reliability, longevity, etc.
They are brighter and the light goes where it should. Aim them correctly and they're great to live with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts