Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try any different Amazon LED headlights? Im not trying to be cheap but some of them have a great aesthetic design to them.

·
Registered
131 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just installed the Sunpie 7" LED's sold on Amazon. For the price, I'm very happy with them. Light is great, good vertical cutoff, easy to install. The only issue I have is that the high beam light will flicker when the DRL's are on during the daytime. I solve this by running the running lights only during the day and have the halo's connected to the running lights. They were cheap and I thought for the price, they were worth the try. I have been running them for about 6 months and other than above, no issues.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the same lights and cannot get the halos to work. After many emails to the manufacturer it was determined that I got the wrong/defective harness. Anyone know how to wire these up?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am tempted to try out the ones I posted... I feel like any will be an improvement over the stock pocket flashlights that come stock lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
I am tempted to try out the ones I posted... I feel like any will be an improvement over the stock pocket flashlights that come stock lol
Just be aware that the set you posted from Amazon are not LED lights. The DRL portion is LED, but the main lights are Xenon (HID). The Delta's I posted are full LED and around same price point. Here's the original thread where I found the reference to the Delta lights

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/led-headlight-upgrade-questions-1595145.html

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went back and saw they are xenon. There are others as well, between 180 and 200 for they pair (LED style), and seem to get fairly positive reviews.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Im happy with mine. Sunpie 7" leds.

·
Premium Member
528 Posts
Look here on the forum for the recent threads on Inspired Engineering. I just put them in a couple of weeks ago and LOVE them. Longevity remains to be seen obviously but they appear high quality, reasonably priced (with anti flicker harness) and really really cool looking. Plus they have a 2 year warranty from a vendor who is active here. I wouldn't even think twice on the amazon ones now.

·
Registered
351 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
I got these with fog lights from a member on the forum. They were just over $300.

I'm happy with them. I turned my DRL's off because they flickered and just use my halos as DRL. That's what I wanted to do anyway. For the price I'm really happy with what I got.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
ordered these the other day

seemed to have decent reviews.
coming from bing bong china, but surprisingly looks like they were overnighted and should have them in hand Thursday.
Package arrived Thursday and threw them in. Only hooked up the headlights Thursday and tackled the DRL's Friday evening.

All in all I'm happy. Headlights are plug-n-play. DRL's and signal halo require basic wiring skills. The housing seemed to have some fitment issues. Nothing major. They seem like alot of knockoff products where they fit... sort of... but feel like they should fit better. The retainer rings didn't seems to snug-up to the housings. But I haven't seen any light wobble while driving.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts