Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put the trans into rev or drive, headlights off, all LEDS light up aka high beam. If at the same time I turn the headlights on the LED’s required for low beam only turn on. Low beam and high beam operates correctly. Was wondering if it’s the daytime running feeding the high beam side and not the low as it should.
Know what I mean?

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
When I put the trans into rev or drive, headlights off, all LEDS light up aka high beam. If at the same time I turn the headlights on the LED’s required for low beam only turn on. Low beam and high beam operates correctly. Was wondering if it’s the daytime running feeding the high beam side and not the low as it should.
Know what I mean?
It took a few reads, but I think so.
It sounds like DRL function yes. I do not know on Jeeps, but usually DRL's run high beam, just at a lower power.
Are your LED's new? Stock? Functioning different than before?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
236 Posts
Fair warning on the parking lights as DRL's. They operate at the brightest part of the blink cycle. I burnt through 2 sets lights, because the wiring in the housings could not support the constant "on" being supplied to the light. Enough heat that it liquefied the solder joints. I would check with the manufacturer before using them.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Fair warning on the parking lights as DRL's. They operate at the brightest part of the blink cycle. I burnt through 2 sets lights, because the wiring in the housings could not support the constant "on" being supplied to the light. Enough heat that it liquefied the solder joints. I would check with the manufacturer before using them.
But when you turn your headlights on, don't the parking lights come on at full intensity anyway? I was thinking of switching my DRL's from headlights to parking lights. I never even thought of this as being an issue.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Full intensity is for your turn signals and DRLs. When you turn the headlights on, the park lights are at a low intensity.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,705 Posts

Interesting.
I've had my direction lights on as drl for 2 years now without issue.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts