Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Should have the write up out later this coming week and will add that link, but for now check out the Video install of Quadratec Premium JK LED headlight, they are heated(for you all in cold climates) made in the USA, and engineered by J.W. Speaker. spoiler alert.. big improvement.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Mine are not heated but the led option is mint. Super bright and yet not pointed right at oncoming traffic so I don't get upset drivers flashing me when on low beam. High beams are so good I don't need a light bar.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Good stuff. I just bought some and they're sitting at a friend's place in the US waiting for me to pick them up. I'll have them in July.

You say circuit board... but I see the labyrinth from Westworld. :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
I may need to invest, I got the factory LEDs with my '17, great lights till it snows.
Had to stop to clean them off a few times this past winter.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good stuff. I just bought some and they're sitting at a friend's place in the US waiting for me to pick them up. I'll have them in July.

You say circuit board... but I see the labyrinth from Westworld. :)
Labyrinth.. that does sound better..

I may need to invest, I got the factory LEDs with my '17, great lights till it snows.
Had to stop to clean them off a few times this past winter.
Yes, I was happy with the lack of snow build up.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have them (unheated version). not impressed with the low beam quality. high beam is great. had dealer check the aim, and they said it's aimed properly.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have them. not impressed with the low beam quality. high beam is great. had dealer check the aim, and they said it's aimed properly.

Hm sorry to hear that, I found the low beam to be a major improvement. Perhaps check the adjustment it yourself. Pretty simple.. Get back about 25 feet from wall or garage door. Put a tape mark about 3 feet high from the ground. The low beam light line should be at or just below the tape line. You may or may not need to pull the front grill slightly forward to reach the light adjustment screw.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hm sorry to hear that, I found the low beam to be a major improvement. Perhaps check the adjustment it yourself. Pretty simple.. Get back about 25 feet from wall or garage door. Put a tape mark about 3 feet high from the ground. The low beam light line should be at or just below the tape line. You may or may not need to pull the front grill slightly forward to reach the light adjustment screw.

that is how I aimed them. dealership confirmed they are aimed correctly. several other reviews on the qt website confirm my complaints. I guess some people get good ones and some people don't! with any luck, my wife will say she wants to turn in the lease and we will get a sahara with the oem leds.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
that is how I aimed them. dealership confirmed they are aimed correctly. several other reviews on the qt website confirm my complaints. I guess some people get good ones and some people don't! with any luck, my wife will say she wants to turn in the lease and we will get a sahara with the oem leds.
Well they have a 3 year warranty right.. perhaps see if they would swap them out??

·
Registered
171 Posts
I installed a set of these last week. They replaced stock headlights with LED bulbs. The QTs were a definite improvement and they are decent on high and low but they they could be better. For the price I frankly expected more.

I hooked up some rigid SAE fog lights to come on with low beams and will be adding some PIAA driving lights to help out the highs.

If was to do it again I might have tried the good halogen bulbs first and maybe have saved some cash. Probably though would have still added the fogs and driving lights.

·
Registered
2015 Willys Wheeler W JKU and 1984 CJ
687 Posts
I had the Quadratec LED headlights and loved them! I was following another TJ one morning and after I passed him he followed me into my parking lot. He wanted to know what I was running because my low beams provided better light in front of him than his stock headlights when I was behind him . I Have Speakers in the JKUWW and they are fantastic too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts