Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, you have yet another novice jeeper on your hands. I'm looking to put a light bar on my jeep. I completely understand that you get what you pay for but are there any options that I can get that won't break the bank and are still pretty high value for the price?

·
Registered
324 Posts
I've got an ebay light bar on mine......I think I paid like $400 for the 50" bar, brackets, and harnesses. I've had it almost a year and I have 1 LED bulb out.

with that said, I can buy quite a few of these for what 1 of the Rigid's cost!

·
Commercial Member
245 Posts
When researching a led light purchase, you have to consider the IP rating, build quality, lumens output & type of LED (Cree,Osram) . where you are putting it on your rig and how much light you want/need for your purpose...a windshield pillar/bumper led combo may prove just as effective as an overhead bar. I have a pair of "imported" 6 led windshield pillar spot pattern pods that i recently installed-they are bright as hell don't reflect too much light off of the hood and have no condensation inside after prolonged rain/snow/ice exposure-i am happy with them. as far as longevity of your purchase-it depends on build quality and workmanship(hit or miss when buying overseas) hence the low price point...lots of info on here...amazon has some...

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :thumb: We love novices around here, or as we call 'em, "Recruits"! :thumb:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are the bulbs a pain to replace sharpie? Arscjk to be honest I just love the way they look but I'm never after the look alone. I want it to be at least mid-level quality considering it will maybe be used only once a month and that's pushing it. Thanks you gus for having me by the way. Just about everytime I was asking the wise old world wide Web jeep questions it brought me here so I wised up my self and made an account and I will be back as soon as I'm making my final decisions on my lift and tires.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Are the bulbs a pain to replace sharpie? Arscjk to be honest I just love the way they look but I'm never after the look alone. I want it to be at least mid-level quality considering it will maybe be used only once a month and that's pushing it. Thanks you gus for having me by the way. Just about everytime I was asking the wise old world wide Web jeep questions it brought me here so I wised up my self and made an account and I will be back as soon as I'm making my final decisions on my lift and tires.
I'm not sure. I haven't attempted it yet. I'm sure there is some soldering involved

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
I've got an Eyourlife brand that n3tfury posted above but mine is a 21" bar that goes on my bumper. I have crossed several rivers and had it fully submerged (see my avatar), driven through rain and snow, run into hundreds of limbs with it and it still works perfect.

Some people are against the cheap light bars (if you look, usually you'll notice they're a vendor who sells expensive light bars) but these bars are fine for casual use. It is not a critical part of your Jeep and unless you make a living racing Baja, the knock off's will work for what you need them to. Plus, in my case, I could LITERALLY buy 8 of the light bar I currently have for the price of one 20" Rigid light bar ($680). I will take my chances that I will never go through 8 of these things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts