Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got all of the lighting upgrade done on the front of the Jeep. I had to wait until night to get them all aimed properly.

The headlights are TruckLight LED lights. They have a very slight flicker. You really have to be looking at the bulbs closely to notice. I don't see it when I'm driving.

The rest of the lights are PIAA LP530 series 3.5" LED lights. I have a total of 3 sets of two lights each. 2 sets of driving lights and 1 set of fog lights. I bought the PIAA 5332 kit that came with driving lights and brackets to replace the factory fog lights. But I swapped out those lights and used the set of fog lights instead. I put the 2 sets of driving lights on the bar, arranged to fan out slightly and give me some serious light coverage in front of me.

Unfortunately, I don't have any "before" pictures so I can't show how much better it is. But let me tell you that they are night and day better (pun intended).

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Nice!

Are these "plug and play" in the stock fog light location?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice!

Are these "plug and play" in the stock fog light location?
Not exactly. The brackets are a bolt in but I cut the plug off the end of the factory harness and crimped on bullet connectors to plug into the light.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
Zombie thread time... derf, did you wire the LP530's into the headlight/foglight stalk switch or use an aftermarket switch?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Zombie thread time... derf, did you wire the LP530's into the headlight/foglight stalk switch or use an aftermarket switch?
Waking the zombie again because I missed this post.

I wired the fog lights into the factory wiring. They come on when I turn on the fog lights on the stalk.

The ones on the bar are wired up in pairs. I ran the wires to a couple of switches on my A-pillar.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Nice work and great looking JK!!

I'm thinking about jumping on the PIAA LP530 wagon too. I need more light output from my fogs. The CREE LED Projector bulbs are just not cutting it anymore.

But I do agree with ya, the TL flicker does not bother me either.

·
Registered
2 Posts
that right,The ones on the bar are wired up in pairs. I ran the wires to a couple of switches on my A-pillar.thanks for your sharing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts