Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed new LED rear lights and LED front blinkers. All 4 flash at same time when trying to signal a turn. Not hyperflash-normal flash, just all together. I didn’t rewire, all plug and play stuff. Tested grounds yesterday and all is well. Old lighting works fine. Also notice that front blinkers dimly light up when hitting brake. Load equalizers integrated in rear, I added them to front blinkers and it didn’t help. There is no flasher relay in my model. Manufacturer never heard of this problem. Dealer never heard of this problem. I’m wondering if ground in light itself is bad or if I have a bad switch. But still doesn’t explain why braking is sending power to fronts

·
Registered
796 Posts
Anyone's guess without knowing the details but it supports my suspicion that the less you change the electrical system the better.
Funny how they keep touting how much better life is with more technology.

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
Parking lights coming on dim when hitting the brakes is a classic symptom of feed back through the wiring because of a bad ground. I had that symptom with a trailer (not mine, it belonged to the Scouts). I knew it was that trailer, because another trailer (mine) did not do that.

I finally found the bad ground, not in the wiring, but in one of the rear tail light assemblies the bulb socket did not connect to ground. I replaced both and all the wiring since it was a mess too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That’s what I’m starting to think, it’s in the actual light assembly itself. Everything was fine until I put the rear LEDs on. I was advised to not run LED mixed with regular, so I also changed out the blinkers and that didn’t solve it. The place I bought the lights from asked me to send them a video of what was going on and if they can’t resolve it they will refund or replace the lights for me

·
Registered
6,400 Posts
That’s what I’m starting to think, it’s in the actual light assembly itself. Everything was fine until I put the rear LEDs on. I was advised to not run LED mixed with regular, so I also changed out the blinkers and that didn’t solve it. The place I bought the lights from asked me to send them a video of what was going on and if they can’t resolve it they will refund or replace the lights for me

Since the tail light assemblies should be plug and play, I would remove both of the new rear assemblies and see if the system goes back to normal. If it does, I would then install one and see what that impact is. I would then remove it and install the other one and see what the impact is.

If one works normally and the other does not, you have found the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts