Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEy everyone I'm starting to look into more lighting... I have already planned to order some led cubes for the front bumper. But feel as though I will want more..

I am curious if anyone has any led bars with the good mount and if a 20" or 30" is the preferred size and if it is enough light!

I plan to get a snorkel so I'm tryin to stay away from the 50" windshield bar and thinkin if two cubes on the bumper and if the 20" or 30" hood mounted bar would be enough!

If anyone has pictures of the good mounted bars with how it looks an how bright it is at night that would be greatly appreciated!

Anymore tips or suggestions would be greatly helpful as well!

·
Registered
10 Posts
yer ive got a 50" and also some bumper mounts, great light all of them. Im not personally sure about hood mounting, id put it on the front bar myself

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You mean like this , 32" on the hood and rigids in the bumper Just the light bar
Yes is that yours? How do you like te light output from the hood set up? In your personal opinion would you prefer that over the windshield mount 50?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yer ive got a 50" and also some bumper mounts, great light all of them. Im not personally sure about hood mounting, id put it on the front bar myself
See I'd like the windshield mount just can't seem justifying that I feel like (besides the killer price) that it's more susceptible to damage vs. the hood mount ... But do you have a picture of just the 50 on at night and then a picture of all your lights on at night

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes , the output is great for jeeping and yes
Thanks a lot man very helpful! I wa thinking about the windshield mount but I want a snorkel and that is just too much going on up there if u ask me not to mention the price of a 50" ... Now what light and size is that and hat mounts?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Thanks a lot man very helpful! I wa thinking about the windshield mount but I want a snorkel and that is just too much going on up there if u ask me not to mention the price of a 50" ... Now what light and size is that and hat mounts?
32" knock off and I made the mounts

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I have a 12" on my bumper. I just ordered 7" round LEd for the Pillars and a 50" for the windshield...courious to see how much light that will give off.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think there is someone here on the for sale threads selling a 50" for a killer price

·
Registered
989 Posts
If you do decide to go 50" on top of windshield, research it well and know all pro's and con's. Many complain of the wind noise from it.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
If you decide to go with the 32" on the hood, take a look at the Lifetime LED 31.5" Light Bar and the Rugged Ridge Light Bar Hood Mount. They should work very well for you and give you tons of light. Lifetime isn't quite as pricey as Rigid but they are a really high quality light and have a great warranty.

Let me know what questions you have or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan

·
Registered
194 Posts
Does the light interfere with the nozzle for the windshield washer fluid??

1 - 16 of 16 Posts