Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought this thread would be useful for those with led headlights as a list of combinations of lights and model years where this sales code removes the need for anti flicker harness. 5sx is the code you needed to add to your jeep after adding Mopar badged jw speaker lights. To kick it off.

MY 2011 JKU

truck lights. - no anti flicker required after flash
Sunpies jw knock off. - no anti flicker required after flash
Black box bests. - still require anti flicker

·
Registered
38 Posts
I wonder why the 2 sets of LED's are fine after the update and why the one set is not? The pwm signal must still be getting sent, I wonder if it is changed or what this sales code update does to the pwm signal.
Also interested if this can be done to 07-10 jeeps.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Older Jeeps etc

I wonder why the 2 sets of LED's are fine after the update and why the one set is not? The pwm signal must still be getting sent, I wonder if it is changed or what this sales code update does to the pwm signal.
Also interested if this can be done to 07-10 jeeps.
I don't know if older model jeeps will accept this code but I think so. If you read the documentation for the Jeep/Mopar branded JW speaker lights it seems to apply to all model years. Best way to tell would be to ask Jeep to try and flash it I guess but do your own research.

In terms of why 2 kinds of lights worked and not the third I can only guess it is to do with the quality or design of the drivers inside the lights but this is not my area really.

I would guess that the flash tones down the PWM to a point where the Mopar branded lights could tolerate it without flickering but does not switch it off completely.

Anyway no more anti flicker boxes to burn out with the my truck-lites now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts