Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! So I finally balled up and went out and bought everything to set them up,

Does anyone have any tips? Has anyone ever tinted them?
Love pictures!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Never installed led's but just make sure they are level when u cut the circle. If u tint just use night shade. It's at autozone. Not sure why u would want to tint led lights. Isn't the point to be bright as crap when u get LED's?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Depending on the year of your tj if its in the 2000's it will have the evap canister behind the driver side tail light. Also depending on ur lights you got you will need a license plate light an also depending on where you place them you will have to adjust your license plate mount or just remove it like i did.

Bumper Auto part Automotive exterior

Automotive exterior Automotive lighting Bumper Vehicle Car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Off-road vehicle

·
Registered
239 Posts
does anyone install side markers when they do the LED tails? you'd think it'd be state law in all states to have them but ???

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a 97 and I just bought the led licence plate light at pep boys, so when u have a 4 inch light u use a 4 1/2 in hole saw right cause that's what I bought.

·
Registered
392 Posts
My 02 didn't have the evap canister behind the light. I think 03+ do. I bought some lights from Harborfreight for $12 each, borrowed a 4.5" holesaw and traced a circle on the passenger side and made sure that the 3 holes for the mounting lights and slot for the harness were included within that circle. Drill with holesaw and file slightly so rubber grommet for light sits flush. Take the piece that you cut out and use it as a template for the other side so both of the holes are perfectly aligned.

·
Registered
392 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Juhcohbee said:
Hey everyone! So I finally balled up and went out and bought everything to set them up,

Does anyone have any tips? Has anyone ever tinted them?
Love pictures!
Why would you tint them....... if your going to do that. Just save time and money and drive without taillights.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
TJspeed said:
Why would you tint them....... if your going to do that. Just save time and money and drive without taillights.
Nah I'm not tinting them, I was just curios. To see what they looked like

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TJspeed said:
Nah I'm not tinting them, I was just curios. To see what they looked like

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i let a pair of the ORO LITE Dot LED lights. On sale on craigslist for 150$ I tried to get it for 100$ but no joy. I told myself i would pay the 150$ but he sold them.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I'll probably get these! THanks for the headsup - Im paranoid about drilling into my evap container so these look good. . . hhmm.. what would i use to screw these in?
Well if you're drilling into the canister, you're doing something wrong. I measured before I cut so the plug would clear the canister.

i let a pair of the ORO LITE Dot LED lights. On sale on craigslist for 150$ I tried to get it for 100$ but no joy. I told myself i would pay the 150$ but he sold them.
I wouldn't waste my time with LiteDOTs. They burn out ALL the time and are way too expensive.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts