Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some opinions on switching out my round off road lights for square LED lights or a LED light bar. Just about all my lights on my YJ are square except for my round loff road lights. Are my round lights above my windshield considered to be outdated? Would four single led Square lights look better? Would a single 50 inch light bar look even better? Your opinions please.

Attachments

·
Registered
658 Posts
I'm a big fan of large, round, off-road lights, so I like what you have.

It's probably going to end up an age thing...
The older guys will probably like the round ones (because that's what we grew up on), and the younger guys will like the newer stuff.
:)

·
Registered
563 Posts
I think your setup looks good right now. But I can't really picture what square ones would look like on your jeep. There are plenty of led round lights available now as well as square.

Here's the ones I went with. They're off brand, but I'm really impressed with them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I've had the same set of round PIAAs for about 10 years now and I recently updated/upgraded them to HID. I like them but I absolutely love the new LED technology. I have a set of Rigid Duallys on my bumper as well as a 12" LED bar from Olympus Offroad. I also have a set of Rigid Dually knock offs for reverse lights. The halogen/HID doesn't come close to output as a good set of LEDs and the LEDs draw WAY less amperage... Like previously posted, you can get a good set of big round LEDs or if it ain't broke and you're happy with them just keep them.. otherwise I'd pull the whole bar and lights, sell them and upgrade to LED.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the big round halogens all over my rig as well, but as money allows I would love to slowly add some LED lighting in there as well

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time Jeep owner

I just bought a 2014 JK Wrangler sport. It has a 6 inch lift kit and a high end air intake and a growling sounding exhaust system. (It was a dealer demo)
I'm interested in mounting a light bar on the roof but I don't know anything about them. The square LED's don't look cool to me, I like the older style round lights. But am I being old-fashioned? (I'm a 55 yo female) Everything is black, the 3 pc hard top, the interior, the body and the rims. (33 inch tires)
Any advice?

Thanks, JD

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I'm an old guy, but was trained in automobile design. I really like the low profile look of an LED light bar. Even though these jeeps may lack the sexy lines of a Corvette, I like to keep things smooth, so anything stuck on top that doesn't need to be is a distraction. I think your jeep looks fine, just dated..... of course I look pretty dated myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.