Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering changing the look of my tj without buying crusher corners with the round lights. Went online and found many different options on led 4 inch round tail lights. I was wondering what kind of electrical mods will I run into and checking if anyone knows of a step by step process. Measure twice cut once I believe applies here. Any pics would be great.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I highly recomend it with crusher corners. I did mine through poison spyder. The only main thing that upsets me about the mod is my turn signals blink way faster now, you can mod the relay/flasher pin, whatever you wanna call it so it goes to a normal pace. Theres a thread on here somewhere. Very bright & well worth the money though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I was considering changing the look of my tj without buying crusher corners with the round lights. Went online and found many different options on led 4 inch round tail lights. I was wondering what kind of electrical mods will I run into and checking if anyone knows of a step by step process. Measure twice cut once I believe applies here. Any pics would be great.

image-97496352.jpg

Love my led light super bright

·
Registered
453 Posts
I did the cheap way, but still love it and get a lot of compliments.
I did the flush mount 4" leds that don't require cutting up your tub, and bought the plastic diamond plast corner gards for a fraction on the price of steel ones. prob not preferred but like I said happy with it.

just had to change out the flasher relay for a few bucks and I was good to go

·
Registered
715 Posts
Which flush mount LEDs did you get Stumpbuster, those look pretty good.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I went with the maxxima hybrids they have the reverse lights around the outside of the stop tail turn. I didn't want to have to put in a separate reverse light and I didn't want to break the bank. I got them and the pig tails for $60 on eBay and my dad had the holesaw. Their super bright. The only thing I don't like is they aren't completely flush. They stick out about 3/4 of an inch

image-286665640.jpg

·
Registered
178 Posts
BTW: Here's mine I just did tonight.
The last picture looks like the reverse lights are built in to the brake lights? Is that right? If so, where did you get them?

Thanks

·
▄▌ee▐▀
1,791 Posts
He has a led reverse light to the bottom and left of the tail light you can see it in the one picture.
Correct the little dot below an to the left are my reverse lights.

I bought them on amazon, I'll find a link when I get home

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have two small 3/4 led flush lights as indicators and are not really bright enough through the tint to use as true back up lights.

I have one led dually wired into reverse light circuit on a three way switch for manual use as well.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts