Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys .. anyone installed LED taillights on their JK with a Tow package?

It seems the left side taillight has additional wires running to the tail; A white wire attached to the MALE wiring harness (that will plug into the LED tailight) and a black wire going to the OEM FEMALE harness on the actual light.

So the drivers side is NOT plug and play :/

Ive read that these are for my tow package and that I need to bypass these wires???

Can anyone help.

Finally trying to install my Spyder Tails and already stuck on the simplest thing lol. Do I just cut the black wire (is this ground or what does it actually link to?)

·
Registered
312 Posts
Shouldn't have to cut anything. The wiring harness for the tow package should just plug in between the LED lights and the factory harness. Some have had a little issue the the plugs being a little tight on the trailer harness but it should plug in.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping so but thats not the case. the black wire is spliced into the tailight and wrapped in electrical tape. The white wire (also spliced) is fine .. this one can plug into the new light as its attached to the male harness.

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually good call bberck! I took another look and I totally forgot I had my poison spyder fenders installed with the market light. They tapped into the brake light and thats what the white and black wires are .. thanks for your help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts