Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in LED taillights for my jk. I prefer the look of the stock taillights so I didn't know if the bulbs could be just replaced or if there is a OEM style kit available? Not a fan of non OEM looking LEDs like Speaker.

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I swapped the reverse bulbs for LEDs and it's made a huge difference. About $35 for 2.

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
I swapped the reverse bulbs for LEDs and it's made a huge difference. About $35 for 2.
+1

And the backup lights aren't monitored by the computer so no resistors are needed to fake it out.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Which back up LEDs bulbs did you go with? I was looking on superbrightled's site and they list the 3157 & 3157 CAN Bus but note that you should verify dimension to ensure it would fit. I have been contemplating just getting entire LED tail lights or just new reverse LED bulbs (which would be a lot cheaper than entire LED tails).

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Which back up LEDs bulbs did you go with? I was looking on superbrightled's site and they list the 3157 & 3157 CAN Bus but note that you should verify dimension to ensure it would fit. I have been contemplating just getting entire LED tail lights or just new reverse LED bulbs (which would be a lot cheaper than entire LED tails).
I went with these for reverse lights:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MC6H0AI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are crazy bright!

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Are those Pilots truly plug and play? Have you had any issues with them?
I added these about 6 months ago. Truly plug-n-play. Look great, bright, easy.
At $300 about midrange for price, imho well worth it.

If you're looking for OEM looks in LED, these are the ticket!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I added these about 6 months ago. Truly plug-n-play. Look great, bright, easy.
At $300 about midrange for price, imho well worth it.

If you're looking for OEM looks in LED, these are the ticket!

So you didn't have to add a resistor to get rid of hyper flash on the turn signals?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Are the Pilots the same dimensions as the stock taillights so that the Mopar guards will fit?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts