Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any pics out there of what yall have done for lights? Prob going to go with a 2" round flush mount in the grill but looking at other ideas. I have some 1/4" amber LED's that I will us as side markers.
Thanks

Attachments

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
A popular solution is to buy JK turn signal housings to mount in the grill. Your stock light wires and bulb holders click right into them. The wires are long enough, you don't even have to splice anything! I also used the 3/4" led for side markers.

·
Registered
817 Posts
your lights look gr8, i think if you paint u paint ur light bezels, ur jeep will look much better!

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
A popular solution is to buy JK turn signal housings to mount in the grill. Your stock light wires and bulb holders click right into them. The wires are long enough, you don't even have to splice anything! I also used the 3/4" led for side markers.

I did the exact same thing. I got the clear ones from Quadratec though.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Ok I have a question about this, I was looking the pics of the fenders (shown in devil dog's pic) and could you mount the blinker on the support that covers front and side?

·
Motorized toy collector
3,763 Posts
I know after I built my fenders I looked into the JK lights, lot of $$$'s. Total cost in lights for my set up under $20, but I did have to cut and splice the wires. No big deal though.
Not sure where you looked at JK lights, but the housings are only $11 each when I bought mine. All you need is the housing only. The stock "lights" from the front of the fenders just twist lock into them.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Not sure where you looked at JK lights, but the housings are only $11 each when I bought mine. All you need is the housing only. The stock "lights" from the front of the fenders just twist lock into them.
Dahm I called the dealer, they quoted me over $100 for the pair. That had to have been for the wiring harness and everything

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the info.
The little 1/4" led's that I have I wanted to mount in the tube itself but the seat for the led goes in from the outside then the led slides in from the back and snaps into place....so I can't get to it without drilling a hole in the opposite side of the tube.
I just ordered some 2 3/8" 2 way led's off of ebay for $25/set so they will act as parking and turn signal and get mounted like yalls under the headlights.
On another note I also put in flush led tail lights...I so I'm going to put one of my 1/4" red led's in the side of the bucket towards the back. Can't even really see them the on the dark blue but are surprising bright at night.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts