Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We just got a 1999 Wrangler TJ Sport. When you turn on the left turn signal the dash seems to indicate that it is working but the lights outside (back only) are the emergency flashers. When you depress the brake the lights go off and when the brake is release the emergency flashers start working again. Bulb is fine. Could this be in the turn indicator switch or the wiring and what kind of repair shop would you take it to to get fixed?
Thanks for any thoughts on this.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
Do you have a trailer light connector on the back? If yes I would look at that first. May not be hooked up correctly.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Its the switch.I had this happen on one of my TJs.Try moving the flasher switch while using the turn signal,mine would start to work,but not all the time.So I replaced the whole switch.Its easy to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your help

Thank you all for your replies. My husband got a new switch yesterday, installed it, and all is well. Yes it was the switch. I feel so much safer now, knowing that even if I'm not sure where I'm going other people do!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts