Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been emailing a few dealerships in my area about a couple Willy's Wheelers. I qualify for the actually employee pricing through both of my grandparents who retired from Chrysler. Anyways, two dealerships told me my pricing would be about $2000 off sticker. That seems off to me after seeing a few of the threads on here, what do you guys think? I was thinking it'd be more than $2000 off sticker

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
seems like they are holding back money. EP (employee price) is about 5% off invoice. Ask them to show you the invoice, should look like this and you will be able to read off the EP. If you are a negotiator, ask them them to also knock off HB (hold back) from your price. Several dealers around here were willing to do that when I bought mine.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
seems like they are holding back money. EP (employee price) is about 5% off invoice. Ask them to show you the invoice, should look like this and you will be able to read off the EP. If you are a negotiator, ask them them to also knock off HB (hold back) from your price. Several dealers around here were willing to do that when I bought mine.

Holy crap the invoice of a hard top is only $886 bucks! Sweet Jesus the profit margin on these things are ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Holy crap the invoice of a hard top is only $886 bucks! Sweet Jesus the profit margin on these things are ridiculous.
keep in mind that the cost of the hard top is the INCREMENTAL cost from the standard soft top that gets deleted once you add the hard top.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Keep in mind Revs, you can combine the Tread Lightly discount on top of the EP as well.

In fact, the dealer doubled the Tread Lightly discount along with my EP (my bro-in-law's son-in-law is with Chrysler up in Detroit) pricing just to keep my business from going to another nearby Jeep dealer prior to me ordering my Jeep.

See ya on the Trail!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No worries! Thanks guys for the help, I got one invoice sent over and apparently they weren't BS'ing, EP price on the Willy's is only about $2500 off of sticker. Kind of a bummer, you get excited when you see everybody brag about their 11% off haha.

I guess I'll have to see they'll give me on a trade in, I've read on here a few guys or gals think the Willy's is overpriced but personally I really like them

·
Registered
963 Posts
the dealer i used to work at only offered 500$ off for employee pricing according to the sales people but i really didnt trust the owners or salespeople as far as i could throw em sketchy bunch, but at the ford dealer i work at now we get around 10% off (iirc 5k~ off fully loaded 15 explorer sport

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Before I decided on the Jeep, I was looking at the new Ram Rebel and with EP pricing on that, you're taking $10K off the sticker, same with pretty much all 1500's. Was hoping the Jeep would be a big chunk too, but oh well. Ya gotta pay to play

·
Registered
45 Posts
I had similar luck on a jeep in Delaware today MSRP 35625 and that includes 995 freight. I asked about invoice pricing and TL and he said invoice blah blah our prices are better the invoice blah blah etc and he finally saif invoice was 34100. take off freight and its only 600 off? I hate being jerk talking to him but its on the phone and to far to drive to negotiate and lose. I was hoping he would have said 33000 or something. Maybe not much mark up on Willys???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts