Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think flat fenders are next on my mod list for my 2013 JKU Rubicon ... now just trying to figure out which ones I like the best.

Pics with brief descriptions would be appreciated! :)

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Metal cloaks and bushwackers is good stuff.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking I might want something just a tad wider than the factory flares for extra protection. Been looking really hard @ Xenon. I think they can be had 1 1/2" wider than the stockers. Should help cover my 35" Nittos a little better, but I'm just a little unsure of the look I'd get ... never really seen a setup like this up close.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
If your looking for wider, bushwacker makes a pretty wide one. It's not the skinny flat flares you see so much on peeps jeeps it's the older ones they offer too.

·
Get your Jeep dirty!!!
762 Posts
This is the skinny version of the Xenons

·
Get your Jeep dirty!!!
762 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
I will have to get some better pics of my flat fender flares, I am running the bushwackers. get them from amazon, they were around 450 bucks.
I love the look of the flats. very pleased with them. Not too difficult to install. Some trimming of the inner plastic fender liners.

But really, its not too bad. Figure about 5-8 hours, depending on your mechanical ability.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for those of you who have posted pics so far, it's greatly appreciated. You all have some nice rigs! I like the looks of the tires sticking a little out of the fenders but just really want some extra protection with some wider fenders.

Keep the pics coming! :thumb:

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
This is not your pretty mall crawler, but here is mine with bushwhackers.
If you think you might get in to this kind of a jam, you will want something more substantial. My bushwhackers are probably going to go away this winter. I have had to re-fasten them a couple of times already.

But it sure was a fun day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
This is not your pretty mall crawler, but here is mine with bushwhackers.
If you think you might get in to this kind of a jam, you will want something more substantial. My bushwhackers are probably going to go away this winter. I have had to re-fasten them a couple of times already.

But it sure was a fun day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was there anything left of the rear driver side fender after that little JAM you got yourself in? :eek:

·
Registered
648 Posts
Well here is my pretty mall crawler but one of these day's . :D
Can you share you specs? Lifted? Tire size and brand?
Thanks

Jeep looks amazing!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Dot hose bushwakers come with an inner liner aswell?
No, You have to trim the ones on the jeep, or you can always just remove them, The rears might be ok, but they keep a lot of krap out of the engine bay.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts