Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally found my bumper, after looking around ive decided on the jk brawler light bumper with bull bar. I like the idea of being able to use the fog lights, weight of the bumper, and easy install (or so im told). One thing i am not sure is if i need the shackles if my rig is my DD. Almost 12 months later still havent took her off road, eeeeekkkkk.

Im going to hold off on the purchase in hopes of a holiday deal coming up, free shackles, or shipping from P.S......

·
Registered
863 Posts
They have rock sliders I want, but man! they are to expensive!!

·
Registered
784 Posts
PSC here. Great stuff and great people. Apologize for the lame driveway pics, I don't have any recent excursions on my cell. IMHO, do get the D-ring mounts. Sounds like a good season for ya!

On another note, I wish I had Doyxx's fenders! Once again, nice pics Delaxx!

·
Registered
823 Posts
Brawler lite with tube gussets. Yes I know, poser flex, found a log on the trail. Not disco'd either.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Crap. Here is the pic.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Tire

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So is install easy as they say, did anyone do their own painting?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Install takes a grand total of 5 minutes maximum. The POS plastic stock bumper on the other hand took about an hour or more to.get off. The plastic screws would.just strip and have to be pryed out. Idk bout the painting since I had mine powdercoated.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Very easy to install. Painted it with 2 coats black self etching primer and 2 coats black auto paint.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
FML i havent thought about liscense plate. How and where did u mount it

·
Registered
522 Posts
Install takes a grand total of 5 minutes maximum. The POS plastic stock bumper on the other hand took about an hour or more to.get off. The plastic screws would.just strip and have to be pryed out. Idk bout the painting since I had mine powdercoated.
I hate those stock plastic screws so much!

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I heard that the Poison Spyder bumpers require cutting of the frame rail for 2012+ jeeps. That was a deal breaker for me as it killed any possibilities of different bumpers in the future.

·
Registered
347 Posts
BFH w/Trail Stinger & Skid Plate

Here's how it looks now with new Nemesis Notorious Flares in crappy cell pics:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Great choice, I like mine!

I would highly recommend getting the shackle tabs; you never know when you might need them. An extra $50 is a small price to pay. And it sounds like you want to go off road, so get'em for when you finally do.

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Car Off-road vehicle

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I heard that the Poison Spyder bumpers require cutting of the frame rail for 2012+ jeeps. That was a deal breaker for me as it killed any possibilities of different bumpers in the future.
I put the Poison Spyder Brawler Lite on both my '12 and '13 Rubicons and didn't have to cut anything. They fit perfectly and the swap takes a half hour at the most. You don't even need to relocate the vacuum pump with these bumpers.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I believe only the BFH bumpers require you to cut the frame rail & take the crasher bar out, it goes for any 07-up

I did that on mine I like how the bumper is brought closer to the body.

It is optional on the other bumpers.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great choice, I like mine!

I would highly recommend getting the shackle tabs; you never know when you might need them. An extra $50 is a small price to pay. And it sounds like you want to go off road, so get'em for when you finally do.

View attachment 176371
Yes I def do, prob is the nearest trails are 2hrs + away from the city.... :facepalm:

·
Registered
62 Posts
No need to cut the frame rail to install the lite bumper.

If you add the skid plate, then you have to remove the crash bar, or trim the sides so the skid plate will fit. I opted to trim, and only had to remove a small amount of metal to make it fit.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Did everyone purchase theit bumpers from PSC , or a third party?

·
Registered
3,003 Posts

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
No need to cut the frame rail to install the lite bumper.

If you add the skid plate, then you have to remove the crash bar, or trim the sides so the skid plate will fit. I opted to trim, and only had to remove a small amount of metal to make it fit.
Ah, good to know. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts