Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
put a completely new enging and transmission in my stock 95 2.5lwrangler(i wanna go v6).
how much money are we looking at?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
If your really set on a V-6.. I would sugguest buying a running wrecked Chevy S-10 with the 4.3 liter.

then you will have a V6 motor, with all the necessitys..

If I were going to a V-6 configuration I would utilize the 4.3 motor,trans,and transfercase, and have a driveshaft shop make my driveshafts to fit.

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Why not go with the 4.0 Jeep motor, it'll be an easier swap than a V6 with the same power gains.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
From everyone/everything i have read and heard who have done it, they recommend selling the whole jeep and just buying the same year with the 6 already in it, as it ends up costing less.

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
can you explain the 4.0 motor and why it'd be better? (i'm a complete noob when it comes to anything mechanical)
Well I've never done it or assited anyone doing it. But, I'd figure that everything would bolt right in.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From everyone/everything i have read and heard who have done it, they recommend selling the whole jeep and just buying the same year with the 6 already in it, as it ends up costing less.
is there a large price difference in insurance between the 4 cylinder and the 4.0?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts