Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for pics of jeeps that have different colored grills.
I have a black 2 door. toying with painting/plastidipping the grill a bright color like orange or lime green! currently had matte black plasti dip on it for roughly 2 years.
I cant be the only goof looking to mix it up with some color. Might even match the trim in the interior :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have a black Jeep as well. I originally tried plasti dip on my front grille but it always turned out funky so I picked up a Mopar matte black grille and it looks great with the shiny black paint. I'm going for a mix of shiny and matte black.

I have seen some black Jk's with silver and graphite/grey grilles, looked pretty nice.

·
Registered
287 Posts
image-2026987565.jpg

I am a huge Tennessee Volunteers fan so I did the classic end zone checkerboards on my grill. I love it and see people pointing all the time!

·
Registered
254 Posts
View attachment 2811425

I am a huge Tennessee Volunteers fan so I did the classic end zone checkerboards on my grill. I love it and see people pointing all the time!
That's an awesome grill! How did you do that? Would you mind if I copied your idea? I've been wanting to do my black jku with orange accents because like you, I'm a huge UT fan.

Go Vols!!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
That's an awesome grill! How did you do that? Would you mind if I copied your idea? I've been wanting to do my black jku with orange accents because like you, I'm a huge UT fan. Go Vols!!!!
I have so many orange accents on mine, I love it!! I think the grill is the most unique. I was just going to do orange but at the last minute I decided to do the check board! I don't mind at all if you do it. I made it with the plastic gutter guard you get from Lowes. There is a YouTube video I followed for cutting the pieces and installing it. Basically you need zip ties and zip tie anchors that you glue to the back of the grill. I just measured the openings and divided it by four to get the size for the color squares. I taped it off and did one color at a time then did a UV protectant clear coat. I found it easier to line up the colors by ziptying it all together as one piece and then attaching it to the anchors on the grill. I hope that helps, post a picture when your done I would love to see it!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have so many orange accents on mine, I love it!! I think the grill is the most unique. I was just going to do orange but at the last minute I decided to do the check board! I don't mind at all if you do it. I made it with the plastic gutter guard you get from Lowes. There is a YouTube video I followed for cutting the pieces and installing it. Basically you need zip ties and zip tie anchors that you glue to the back of the grill. I just measured the openings and divided it by four to get the size for the color squares. I taped it off and did one color at a time then did a UV protectant clear coat. I found it easier to line up the colors by ziptying it all together as one piece and then attaching it to the anchors on the grill. I hope that helps, post a picture when your done I would love to see it!
Thank you so much! What other orange accents do you have? I just got my jku about a month ago so I haven't added any orange yet as I'm still gathering ideas for what to make orange. Any pics you have of the orange accents would be greatly appreciated! I will do the checkerboard grill as soon as I have a few days off and the weather clears up! I'll definitely post pics!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thank you so much! What other orange accents do you have? I just got my jku about a month ago so I haven't added any orange yet as I'm still gathering ideas for what to make orange. Any pics you have of the orange accents would be greatly appreciated! I will do the checkerboard grill as soon as I have a few days off and the weather clears up! I'll definitely post pics!
I have some decals on my side windows, valve stem caps that are T, I have headrest covers that have a T in front and VOLS on the back which I love when the back window is up and the top is down you see those from the back. I have orange and black zipper pulls for the Windows and matching grab handles in my headrest. I painted the silver trim in the doors and grab handle orange. I have orange check board blankets under the backseat for chilly rides with the top down and my favorite is an orange spiderweb shade. It keeps me from getting sunburned when the top is down and its makes the inside of the top look orange because you leave it up with the top up or down. I also am going to add a cover to my center console armrest that will be orange and black, that will keep my arm from burning when it sits in the sun and I want to add some grabars with the orange handles. I just got mine in September so I want to add more, just gotta figure out where to put it all!

image-170109988.jpg

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have some decals on my side windows, valve stem caps that are T, I have headrest covers that have a T in front and VOLS on the back which I love when the back window is up and the top is down you see those from the back. I have orange and black zipper pulls for the Windows and matching grab handles in my headrest. I painted the silver trim in the doors and grab handle orange. I have orange check board blankets under the backseat for chilly rides with the top down and my favorite is an orange spiderweb shade. It keeps me from getting sunburned when the top is down and its makes the inside of the top look orange because you leave it up with the top up or down. I also am going to add a cover to my center console armrest that will be orange and black, that will keep my arm from burning when it sits in the sun and I want to add some grabars with the orange handles. I just got mine in September so I want to add more, just gotta figure out where to put it all!

View attachment 2950649
I hope you don't mind but I'm definitely going to use some of those ideas! I've been looking at the spiderweb shade and can't decide between it and the orange dirty dog. I like how the dirty dog is a 2 piece cover but I'm not sure yet. I'll definitely post pics as I go. I may start a new thread on this and send you the link lol Thanks for all the ideas!

Go Vols!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
I hope you don't mind but I'm definitely going to use some of those ideas! I've been looking at the spiderweb shade and can't decide between it and the orange dirty dog. I like how the dirty dog is a 2 piece cover but I'm not sure yet. I'll definitely post pics as I go. I may start a new thread on this and send you the link lol Thanks for all the ideas! Go Vols!!!
I would love to see them, look forward too it!!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I am a huge Vols fan also, I have the headrest covers but they only have the T on front, my JKU is black also, I was thinking of adding an orange pinstrip down the sides with Vols where it ends on the rear, also "Tennessee" on one side of the hood and " Volunteers" on the other side, by the way I love the grille!!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am a huge Vols fan also, I have the headrest covers but they only have the T on front, my JKU is black also, I was thinking of adding an orange pinstrip down the sides with Vols where it ends on the rear, also "Tennessee" on one side of the hood and " Volunteers" on the other side, by the way I love the grille!!!
It's always good to meet another Vols fan on here! I really like the idea of the pinstripe. That would definitely be unique!

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I rattle can bedlined the grille itself and then rattle can painted my inserts. There's a Rustoleum color that's a pretty close match for Flame Red.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks the grill is my favorite part, no one will mistake my jeep for anyone else's!!! I have seen those pinstripes on cars before but I have no idea where to find them, do you?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts