Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

521 - 540 of 574 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Is there a thread on here for hoist ideas? My nephew wants to store his top in my garage next year.
Look up "Harken Hoister" (what is pictured). Not that expensive, just make sure you plan and measure everything first...

·
Registered
454 Posts
This is my 2002 tj
Small World Dep't:

I copied and pasted your pic to a friend's son's Faceplant page that used to live in North Bay. Some of his friends own Jeeps & I thought he/they might recognise the Jeep. Turns out his father (Bob M') knows you since he drives for the same company.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Small World Dep't:

I copied and pasted your pic to a friend's son's Faceplant page that used to live in North Bay. Some of his friends own Jeeps & I thought he/they might recognise the Jeep. Turns out his father (Bob M') knows you since he drives for the same company.
that's cool, it is a small world.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Sudbury Ontario checking in
Welcome to the forum from southern Ontario. Definitely no shortage of old logging & mining roads in your area. I've camped up at Halfway Lake Prov' Park a few times over the years.

Friends lived in Timmins for a few years so I travelled back & forth on 144.

Is the hydro access road from north of Wanapitei Lake to the Shining Tree/Gowganda area (TOP C on OFSC maps) passable w/ a Jeep?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Having fun at the farm... with my Mossberg and my Wrangler :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
Half way up Mt Washington. NH. Road trip.

View attachment 2496178
I've never driven up it. I've been thru the area on my way to Maine a few times & heading there next month. The co-pilot is afraid of heights, so I'll have to wait for another time to check that road out.

If you're ever heading south, be sure to check out "The Tail of the Dragon" in TN & NC. Probably a lot of fun in a Jeep. I did it w/ a 3/4 ton, not the most "nimble" vehicle on that road. LOL

·
Premium Member
1,298 Posts
I've never driven up it. I've been thru the area on my way to Maine a few times & heading there next month. The co-pilot is afraid of heights, so I'll have to wait for another time to check that road out. If you're ever heading south, be sure to check out "The Tail of the Dragon" in TN & NC. Probably a lot of fun in a Jeep. I did it w/ a 3/4 ton, not the most "nimble" vehicle on that road. LOL
We did the Tail of the Dragon just this past April. Heading down the Blue Ridge Parkway next month. Hitting the Dragon and a couple more areas in the Tennessee mountains. Then off to Myrtle Beach for a week.

Attachments

·
Registered
454 Posts
We did the Tail of the Dragon just this past April. Heading down the Blue Ridge Parkway next month. Hitting the Dragon and a couple more areas in the Tennessee mountains. Then off to Myrtle Beach for a week.
Cool that Killboy got your pic. They probably deleted their shot of a blue '04 K2500HD teeter tottering on opposite corners.

I've been on the Parkway a couple of times west of I-77. Watch for the furry kind of bears. Talking to a friend this week & 1 of the guys he was w/ this summer on a bike trip smoked 1. No injuries, but a bit of cosmetic damage.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
firewood run in the Kootenays..

·
Registered
13 Posts
How did the little Cherokee make out in Raglan?
I live about 10-15min from it.
Perfectly fine, he didnt have any trouble. Raglan is a lot easier than I thought, was my first time offroading too. Didn't go into the pit tho. Pretty muddy in this weather, with half of the trail covered in ice.

521 - 540 of 574 Posts