Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm kicking a round the notion of getting one and would like to see a few especially color matching (not black/black) or color contrasting.

If seen a few people mention they wish they had put a sealant between the hood and louver, is there any thing you wish you had done differently?

Is there any added road noise or whistling? Whistling would be a deal breaker for me...

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Sorry, I have Black on Black, I did paint the hood behind the spider red but you can't see it in my pictures.

I didn't use sealant behind it, just painted the raw edges on the hood. Just be careful cutting the hood, you don't want to cut the x brace.

I don't notice any additional road noise.

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, I have Black on Black, I did paint the hood behind the spider red but you can't see it in my pictures.
Nothin' wrong with black on black at all but since its the standard color you expect to see a ton of this combo. Thanks for sharing it

·
Registered
867 Posts
I keep thinking about putting one of these on my 15 Willys as an alternative to buying a new hood. Is the black finish it comes with matte or gloss?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I keep thinking about putting one of these on my 15 Willys as an alternative to buying a new hood. Is the black finish it comes with matte or gloss?
I would personally describe it as satin (sort of in between gloss and matte, but not quite semi-gloss).

Reactions: Razer

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hey man - not really, maybe small threads came off from breaking loose but not enough to be noticeable when the bolts are back in. You’ll lose more paint with the hole saw drilling than anything, just drill as slowly and carefully as possible. Took about three hours all in all. My cuts were horrible because it was my first time to use an angle grinder. Outside of that it was fairly straightforward and simple. Very happy with it. I haven’t noticed any wind noise at all. And fortunately there’s enough overlap of the louver to cover up my bad lines lol.

Just threw mine on last night. Wanted the contrast so no color matching.
How did the install go, any issues with losing paint when you backed the hood mounting bolts out?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just installed my hood Louver on July 8th. I have a “17 JKU, and I very much like the contrast of the satin black on Granite Crystal. I originally had a hood blackout in the shape of a louver that faded a lot after about 6 months. I cut through it during the install, with the rationale that it might lessen cutting damage. I live in the South and have lost two vehicles due to over heating. So, for me, it gave me a reason to get it other than “that would like cool” 😎. Every little bit off relief I can give to my engine compartment is a plus to me 😏👍🏾.
I did painted the hood, but didn’t think to put a sealant in between. I think 🤔 that would be a good idea to do when I take it off to paint an accent behind the PS logo 😯.

Attachments

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
51,111 Posts
I just installed my hood Louver on July 8th. I have a “17 JKU, and I very much like the contrast of the satin black on Granite Crystal. I originally had a hood blackout in the shape of a louver that faded a lot after about 6 months. I cut through it during the install, with the rationale that it might lessen cutting damage. I live in the South and have lost two vehicles due to over heating. So, for me, it gave me a reason to get it other than “that would like cool” 😎. Every little bit off relief I can give to my engine compartment is a plus to me 😏👍🏾.
I did painted the hood, but didn’t think to put a sealant in between. I think 🤔 that would be a good idea to do when I take it off to paint an accent behind the PS logo 😯.
Welcome to the Forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts