Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
o4 TJ

I have only owned this TJ for a year and a half. I have installed new speakers and Stereo system, rear bumper w/ tire carrier from Dirtworx, rebuild the front and rear drive shift, will be starting on rebuilding the front steering components, axle u=joint and hub bearing the drop the transmission for a rebuild.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Getting mine done soon want to see what you guys have done

What does "getting it done" mean? I suggest you do it and not get it done at all since the vast majority of shops that do this stuff or hack monkeys.

J

·
Registered
964 Posts
What does "getting it done" mean? I suggest you do it and not get it done at all since the vast majority of shops that do this stuff or hack monkeys.

J
And they will rip you off and suggest crap kits to save them money on returns. Unless you know the shop owner I don't trust shops. Learn to do it yourself. You'll feel better about it

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

Currie control arms, steering, front and rear track bars, bump stops. TF 4 inch springs, Rancho RS9000 shocks, TF S/T anti-rock, TW drive shafts, Yellerbox speedo correction, Savvy aluminum armor.

Rides soft and cushy and quiet, corners flat and is solid on the highway.

J

·
Registered
5,007 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
I went with the Skyjacker budget 4" lift. For now its great and I am happy. I do want to get rid of the transfer case drop and go with a SYE and a TOM WOODS drive shaft. I did go with the JKS adjustable track bar. All will be done in time as funding is available. Had some major issues with my house that I needed to take care of first.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
I went with the Skyjacker budget 4" lift. For now its great and I am happy. I do want to get rid of the transfer case drop and go with a SYE and a TOM WOODS drive shaft. I did go with the JKS adjustable track bar. All will be done in time as funding is available. Had some major issues with my house that I needed to take care of first.
I was incredibly happy when I got rid of my transfer case drop. I absolutely hated how much it hung below the jeep. I did an axle swap about this time last year with a dana44 and I was more excited about losing the tcase drop then the actual axle and sye installation. Hope you get your house taken care and the sye soon:thumb:

·
Registered
290 Posts
I was incredibly happy when I got rid of my transfer case drop. I absolutely hated how much it hung below the jeep. I did an axle swap about this time last year with a dana44 and I was more excited about losing the tcase drop then the actual axle and sye installation. Hope you get your house taken care and the sye soon:thumb:
House is all better, the bill on the other hand....

Although the transfer case drop was 1" it doesn't look terrible and I do not plan on rock crawling, just basic trail riding for now. It is still my daily driver so I do not want to go wild just yet.

I was lucky in my hunt and got TJ Sport with a 44 rear and 6 speed. Would love a 44 front axle to go with it.

·
Registered
910 Posts
4.25" Zone Combo with 33's...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts