Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets see your camping set ups, campers, tents, cardboard boxes, stuff stacked on the roof twice as high as the jeep, post em all!!

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I don't have any right now. I try to save cellphone battery when I'm stranded in the wilderness for a weekend :rofl:

I have plans to hit up the Alegheny Mountains this summer for some beer, nature, fishing, hunting, and wheelin' fun though :punk:

·
Registered
804 Posts
This is the best way to camp. It can fit a king size bed w/ just about any accommodations. I have used my 14 footer many times camping the California cost, pulled by my trusty YJ :thumb:

·
Registered
312 Posts
Darin1701, Good one. I actually just got rid of the trailer and pick-up and purchased a motorhome so I can tow my Jeep. (I just can't leave it at home). I'll have new and improved pics up after next trip.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't wait till it warms up so I can take the jeep camping! Biggest thing I'm looking forward to do with it, I'd love to see the inside of that thing Subzero? :p

·
Registered
132 Posts
First pick shows the jeep "loaded down" with four days of gear, food, water, fuel, and adult beverages. Second pic was our home for the weekend, Guale 1. Incredible trip!

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have never seen a camper like that before Scoob, hows it work?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I have never seen a camper like that before Scoob, hows it work?
Its a Chalet hard side camper. Its an A frame camper that only takes about 30 seconds from the time I get it backed into the spot to set it up. They are nice because they are lightweight enough that even a wrangler can pull them pretty easy. Fully loaded with camping gear and full propane tanks it only weighs about 1600 pounds. But still big enough to sleep 3 adults (or in my case 2 adults and 2 dogs).
Here's a couple you tubes on them. I am going to sell mine this summer and buy a new one, mine is a 2003 but they haven't changed a thing :)

YouTube - 2007 Chalet folding trailer

Here is another guy who seems to get pretty excited about a toilet :)
YouTube - Chalet

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Its a Chalet hard side camper. Its an A frame camper that only takes about 30 seconds from the time I get it backed into the spot to set it up. They are nice because they are lightweight enough that even a wrangler can pull them pretty easy. Fully loaded with camping gear and full propane tanks it only weighs about 1600 pounds. But still big enough to sleep 3 adults (or in my case 2 adults and 2 dogs).
Here's a couple you tubes on them. I am going to sell mine this summer and buy a new one, mine is a 2003 but they haven't changed a thing :)

Here is another guy who seems to get pretty excited about a toilet :)
I've never seen one of them around here before, looks reaal easy to set up. Are they very expensive? I've been looking around at regular pop up trailer's but I dunno they're all more than I wanna pay. I'm cheap ;)

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I've never seen one of them around here before, looks reaal easy to set up. Are they very expensive? I've been looking around at regular pop up trailer's but I dunno they're all more than I wanna pay. I'm cheap ;)
If you think the canvas pop ups are to much you don't want a hard side camper. I can say after owning several pop ups I would never buy another one. They are just such a pain with maintenance, mold and mildew. I picked up the current chalet (2003 arrowhead) used for 6K about 2 years ago.

·
Motorized toy collector
3,761 Posts

1 - 20 of 199 Posts