Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

841 - 847 of 847 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts

Random snow storm that hit Texas this past January 2021. Was driving from Houston to Dallas in this thick, wet snow that kept covering my lights. My LEDs didn't generate enough heat to keep themselves clean, neither did my LED pods. Kept having to stop every 10 minutes to clean them off so other drivers could see me. Being a NY transplant I was able to navigate through unplowed roads just fine, but these poor TX folks were all over the roads.

Luckily it was a freak storm and I don't foresee another snow storm anytime soon here, so I'm not swapping out my headlights.

Edit: Mother Nature covering up my license plate like a boss!

·
Registered
43 Posts

February 2021. The night the Texas Ice Storm hit. Went out to get provisions and a bite to eat. Not a lot of snow but everything froze over. The next morning it was single digits. I drove out to my local 7/11 to fill up. Hopped back in my Jeep and smelled burning oil. The 5 minute drive to 7/11 the cold weather cracked my oil cooler. My Jeep was my exit plan in case anything happened. Instead I had to hunker down in my apartment for the next week without heat or electricity. Luckily, it was fixed under warranty and I was quickly back on the road.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Visiting my old grounds in the Pine Barrens NJ. Went around one hole and found another.

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
View attachment 4513404

February 2021. The night the Texas Ice Storm hit. Went out to get provisions and a bite to eat. Not a lot of snow but everything froze over. The next morning it was single digits. I drove out to my local 7/11 to fill up. Hopped back in my Jeep and smelled burning oil. The 5 minute drive to 7/11 the cold weather cracked my oil cooler. My Jeep was my exit plan in case anything happened. Instead I had to hunker down in my apartment for the next week without heat or electricity. Luckily, it was fixed under warranty and I was quickly back on the road.
Wow, thats odd. Did they give a reason why or was it just a freak issue/faulty part?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

841 - 847 of 847 Posts