Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Here's my kicker speakers in the sound bar, kicker 6.5 inch mid-range sub in the center console with poly fill. Also got the alpine amp powering the sound bar speakers and the sub

·
Registered
274 Posts
wat3rdog said:
What do you do about your amp when topless? Is it just bolted down and covered?
It's bolted down, and it's right where it's covered if I put the rear seat down. So I can put that down if I'm concerned for it getting wet, but I usually try to avoid any potential of rain now with the top down

·
Registered
77 Posts
Just built a costume box to fit in the back

image-2612741856.jpg

It's a Sony xplod 12 inch sub. I have 2 kicker amps powering Polk audio speakers and this sub. Also a nice kenwood deck.. With this combo it sounds really nice

Attachments

·
Registered
488 Posts
Here's my kicker speakers in the sound bar, kicker 6.5 inch mid-range sub in the center console with poly fill. Also got the alpine amp powering the sound bar speakers and the sub
That looks sharp! I just replaced my sound bar speakers with 5.25" Infinitys, but I really like the looks of the 6.5" Kickers.....What'd you have to do to make them fit?

·
Registered
274 Posts
beaureed445 said:
That looks sharp! I just replaced my sound bar speakers with 5.25" Infinitys, but I really like the looks of the 6.5" Kickers.....What'd you have to do to make them fit?
Well the sound bar speakers are like 5.5" or something close to that, so nothing needed to be done for those, but the console sub is the 6.5" mid-range sub. All I had to do was shave off some plastic in the console so it'd fit depth-wise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Trevor C 98tj said:
Can't remember, i took it out about a month ago when my amp fried :c and i burned it...
Did it work well and how much did it Cost you to make it

·
Registered
327 Posts
Gilmore said:
Did it work well and how much did it Cost you to make it
Worked great! Lifted hard top of the sides when hit hard! (Dont have it bolted down)Had to weather strip the doors, back tailgate and hardtop, wrapped the door jam thing with electrical tape so it didnt rattle... It cost me 50 for 2 sheets of wood, about 10 for the cloth,about 7 for the adhesive spray glue, and a lot for the subs and amp... sold 1 sub for 200, and gave my lil bro one for his first car...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Trevor C 98tj said:
Worked great! Lifted hard top of the sides when hit hard! (Dont have it bolted down)Had to weather strip the doors, back tailgate and hardtop, wrapped the door jam thing with electrical tape so it didnt rattle... It cost me 50 for 2 sheets of wood, about 10 for the cloth,about 7 for the adhesive spray glue, and a lot for the subs and amp... sold 1 sub for 200, and gave my lil bro one for his first car...
That is all some I might have to make my own just like that

·
Registered
50 Posts
Alpine/Focal sound system, custom built my pods and slimline console.

Focal Performance 165 speakers in my SME prototype JeePods

First set of pods off the bench, Lt Khaki Metallic in color w/LED lights

Alpine SWR T10 subwoofer posing with my Sierra Mountain Enterprises Slimline Subwoofer console prototype

Console still under construction, mismatched colored pods mounted for photo contrast.. Lt Khaki and Dark Slate Metallic

Focal CVX Polyglass 100 speakers mounted in the modified stock dash pods

Alpine PDX 5 powers the system, working on a custom glove box mount where it's mounted

Ran this JL HD 750/1 to my Sub for a short period of time but it proved to be too powerful for the sub so I removed it. Mounts on a custom bracket inside the SME Slimline Console

Dual Optimas and Stinger wiring power the system

iPod/iPhone Ram mount

And the Alpine CDA 9855 receiver

·
Registered
107 Posts
I like that power inverter under your radio. Was that custom or did you buy that?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts