Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I like the 2 cross bars in the rear.
Then weld the windshield spreader in place
Run a bar across the the top of the windshield
Run a bar that hugs the door frame down and tie into something solid.
Then add some gussets over head. Make sure though that in the rear you place the cross bars far enough away not to have a head hit it. (That can be the cause of death or injury when not wearing a helmet.) That's why street cars and trucks have larger cages where as race cars are tucked in close.
Then I also like a bar the goes from the factory bar to the center of the windshield.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
I have thought about doing this a couple of times. The pipe work itself doesnt bother me, but I never really looked into the best way to connect the bar coming down by the door frame. What the hell do you do with it? Just weld a plate to the end of it and bolt it down or something?

·
Commercial MemberX
8,641 Posts
I didn't on RJ but I have done it that way before. I mainly did it to strengthen up the body so it wont twist up so bad when I sidestep it....but I feel confident that it will hold the whole weight of it up if it had to. My truggy was single plate welded to the floor and it never gave me any issues even as rough as I was on it.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't on RJ but I have done it that way before. I mainly did it to strengthen up the body so it wont twist up so bad when I sidestep it....but I feel confident that it will hold the whole weight of it up if it had to. My truggy was single plate welded to the floor and it never gave me any issues even as rough as I was on it.

Got ya.. Thanks.. Next question. The center bar running from the loop to the windshield bar. Does that have to be there?

·
Registered
119 Posts
WOW!! I like what you did. When we get the Jeep put back togather I need to do this!! I will have it at your door step tommarow! LOL I am very impressed with your work!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts