Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested? What first had me thinking about it was cliffs on the 21st. Due to the rugged terrain and multiple park users in the same channel a secondary mode would be good. Secondly meet and greets. Let's face it we might not know each other if we passed each other on the street. Until we become more familiar a quick "what table you at?" Might be convenient.

So this is what I was thinking. Tinker you had a name in one of these threads. What was it? We will create a channel using that name. The password will be (in all lower case) wrangler.

So what are your opinions?? Here are some links....

Zello commercial

Zello video review

Professional video review

·
Registered
971 Posts
Excellent idea. I vote yes.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Requires Wi-Fi or data, of which AT&T has poor coverage in that area. (As of last fall)

·
Registered
971 Posts
I don't think this replaces a CB, but a good idea outside of the park. CB is just about all that's going to work there I would think.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Requires Wi-Fi or data, of which AT&T has poor coverage in that area. (As of last fall)
I have AT & T and don't have much of a problem. Besides it would be secondary to CB's if you have them. Plus can be used in route to cliffs.

Be nice to have a closed channel for our group. Even on longer trips. I am not going to Kessies but it can be used to communicate to a group from a different local until you get within CB range.

Not everyone has a CB. Same with this. If you don't have a smart phone or just don't wish to download the app that's fine. Not like it's required.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yeah, its basically a walkie talkie using cell towers, like what Spring used to have with nettles service (may be still do)...supplemental and nice to have for group talk.....the call to talk is one to one or group right? So, if you call ryan or someone else, would the whole group get the call or you can chose individually vs. the group?

·
Registered
21,450 Posts
I have AT&T and the only places I've ever had issues was like next to a rock cliff in Colorado...

Ryan your phone hates you.

I've heard of this and I'm done for trying it.

I THINK the name you speak of Wingit was Lake Effect Off-road..?

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Ok, whatever!
I downloaded it.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Who is creating the channel? I'm ready to chat!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Done! Password will be wrangler. Once you find it you should just be able to put in password. If you have problems restart your phone. I read after download you may have to do that if app doesn't stay running.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kinda neat.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Trying.. What's the channel name

·
Registered
971 Posts
Ok I think I am in can you all see me now?

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
:awesome:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts