Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new front and rear bumper I'm looking to put on to my 2015 Sahara. I'm wondering if I'm going to need a leveling kit or something when I install it. I'm guessing the front is 100-150lbs back is 75lbs. If I do need one, is this something that will void my warranty? (I understand warranty is a by dealer basis) thank you ahead of time!

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
It's not a requirement but obviously the coils will compress with the additional overhang weight. You can put in spacers of your choices including: a leveling kit, budget boost or hand picked spacers.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I saw almost no change in ride height when I added a Barricade bumper and a winch. I was surprised.

Your warranty is not a singular thing that gets voided. Individual claims can be denied if the damage could reasonably be caused by your mod. IE, if your spring fails after you add a bunch of extra weight, you can expect they'll deny it. If your radio shorts out, you're fine.

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
I have a new front and rear bumper I'm looking to put on to my 2015 Sahara. I'm wondering if I'm going to need a leveling kit or something when I install it. I'm guessing the front is 100-150lbs back is 75lbs. If I do need one, is this something that will void my warranty? (I understand warranty is a by dealer basis) thank you ahead of time!
You can add the difference between your stock bumper weight and new bumpers to the front and rear of your rig to see exactly how much sag you can expect. Or you can just install the bumpers and see how things settle out.

If you have the higher spring rate coils you'll see less drop from the weight.

Generally a Leveling Kit or small coil spring spacer kit won't effect your warranty from what I see. They would have to prove that the modification directly resulted in a failure and a small spacers shouldn't be able to hurt much.

Let me know if you have any other questions at all!

-Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts