Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 jku with 255 rubicon tires that I want to add a little lift to. I don't think I want to do the full 2.5" lift kit cause of the cost and I don't plan to ever get bigger tires( with this jeep). Could I just use those spacer and how high could I lift/level it without running into problems

·
Registered
876 Posts
I have a 2012 jku with 255 rubicon tires that I want to add a little lift to. I don't think I want to do the full 2.5" lift kit cause of the cost and I don't plan to ever get bigger tires( with this jeep). Could I just use those spacer and how high could I lift/level it without running into problems
Well I'm running 285/70R17's with no rubbing issues, but I might do the level kit just in case. Plus it might look better?

50 Something

·
Registered
103 Posts
Get the teraflex leveling kit. I run 285/70/17 terra grapplers and the teraflex kit makes them look right. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much lift can I get with a level kit without having to change shocks

·
Registered
725 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Lbear said:
Does the spacer install affect ride or handling at all?
Minimally. The center of gravity will be slightly different so yea handling will be slightly affected. But the ride quality isn't changed. That's my opinion, I've had mine in my '12 Rubi for a few months now.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Minimally. The center of gravity will be slightly different so yea handling will be slightly affected. But the ride quality isn't changed. That's my opinion, I've had mine in my '12 Rubi for a few months now.
Thanks. I wonder if the added weight down low from a new heavier bumper and winch wouldn't improve the center of gravity or at least offset the height increase to an extent. I would have also thought that having that added weight on the nose would have an effect on steering??

·
Registered
422 Posts
Lbear said:
Thanks. I wonder if the added weight down low from a new heavier bumper and winch wouldn't improve the center of gravity or at least offset the height increase to an extent. I would have also thought that having that added weight on the nose would have an effect on steering??
New bumper and winch will definitely affect any lift up front, springs will also have a large bearing. With a spacer lift some install only the front and not the rear to eliminate more of the rake if thats important to u. As far as steering...I didn't notice any with my warn bumper but I suppose a couple hundred extra pounds up front would affect a lot of things whether u notice or not. Good luck:)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Mowgli25 said:
Is this the one you guys are talking about

Teraflex 1155200 - Teraflex Leveling Kit for 07-13 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

It doesn't say how much of a lift it gives
Sure it does, click 'product details':)

This leveling kit adds 2" to the front and 1" to the rear effectively leveling the 2 or 4 door's factory rake stance. The kit comes with front sway bar links.

You can run a 33-34" tall tire with this kit. If you prefer to run the factory wheels you may need wheel spacers for proper clearance.
Parts Included
Front 1” spacer - 4
Rear 1” spacer - 2
Hardware bag
Front QD link

·
Registered
347 Posts
I have 2013 JKUR and installed 2 inch AEV leveling kit.
Little more expansive than Teraflex, and I am very happy with it.
Free shipping from Quadratec.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I spoke with TF regarding lift kits/spacers/etc prior to purchase. They were very helpfull as usual. You will need nothing additional than what they sell with any of their budget boost or leveling kits. Just a good installer or if you are handy with a wrench, have at it. In speaking with them (TF) you can always add on to their kits with additional lift parts, shock extensions, coils, spacers, etc.

Since your Jeep is new, with new suspension from the factory, your best bet for your stated applicaton is to get the leveling kit or a budget boost with shock extensions. This will maintain the factory ride (maybe even improve it some) with no other modifications and still allow you to run your 32" tires and improve your jeep's "stance". Down the line, you or someone you sell your jeep to, can run larger tires or upgrade the lift with very little expense.

Just my .02 and keep us posted with some photos

WAHA

·
Registered
468 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts