Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I recently purchased the TF leveling kit (pucks only, 2 in front, 1 in back)for $177 incl tax,shipping. My dealer here put it on for $150 and included the alignment.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
I recently purchased the TF leveling kit (pucks only, 2 in front, 1 in back)for $177 incl tax,shipping. My dealer here put it on for $150 and included the alignment.
Does it lean a bit with only 1 spacer installed in the back?

- sorry -

Side note: there isn't anything to align after a spacer lift. You might have to center the steering wheel - but I adjusted mine after 2.5" spacer lift, gradually made adjustments and ended back at stock location.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Does it lean a bit with only 1 spacer installed in the back?

- sorry -

Side note: there isn't anything to align after a spacer lift. You might have to center the steering wheel - but I adjusted mine after 2.5" spacer lift, gradually made adjustments and ended back at stock location.
No, it levels the Jeep out as they come with a rake from the factory. It can depend on the top you're running and added weight as that can affect how the Jeep sits as well.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Is $300 reasonable for level kit (pucks only) install including an alignment?
I don't think you will need an alignment. I have a coil level kit and no alignment was needed. Plus the only alignment they can do is your toe without adj control arms. I would skip the alignment and ask just the install. MAKE sure they loosen your upper and lower control arms and retighten with wheel on the ground or axle/wheels supported. Even though it's only a 1.5 they will distort in the bushings.

·
Registered
86 Posts
As others have said, an alignment is probably not needed, but if they actually put it on a rack to check, that's probably .5 hours labor. The kit is ~160 so they're charging less than two hours labor. Seems reasonable if they do a good job... loosening and torquing the control arms, etc. vs. just throwing the pucks in.

BTW, who is the shop? ORC?

Is $300 reasonable for level kit (pucks only) install including an alignment?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts