Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to get some opinions on the 3/4 spacer vs. the 2 inch in the front and 1inch in the rear. Honestly, I will probably keep the factory rims and tires for now (Rubicon). Will the 2inch be too goofy looking with factory? Will the 3/4 inch be enough to even notice the difference in appearance?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At the 4 Wheel Parts store they were talking about doing the wheel spacers after either one. I have heard mixed feelings with those and stories of rims just falling off!

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
I put just the 1" Teraflex spacer in front on mine. When I measured from the center of the wheel to the fender I found that 3/4 wouldn't be enough to get the level look I was after. I also knew that if I was ever going to go bigger on tires that I would put on a 2.5 spring lift when ready.

I got the spacers from summit racing for $16 so I figured I couldn't go wrong. Nothing else was needed and took less than an hour to install.

As for wheel spacers, they are only needed if you go bigger on tires while keeping the factory wheels. The wheel falling off crap is poor installation and lack of maintenance... plenty of jeeps on here with them and no issues.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
if you go to the AEV forum you can find a ton of photos showing 2-2.5" with stock rubicon tires. If you add some spidertrax 1.5" wheel spacers they look pretty good. tucked in with stock back space a little roller skatie.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I was kind of wanting them pushed out a little more. I think they sit too tucked. Just my opinion

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts
Agree, for what its worth I just bought a set of Red Rock spacers from Extreme Terrain just for the look. The brown truck should drop them off on Thursday.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
\
this is with a 3/4" spacer in front with 17 stock coils and 285/75-16's.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just put daystar 3/4 spacers on my '11sport 2dr. I am waiting to see if anything settles. It doesnt look level to me but its very close. Ill get you a pick in the daylight. Very easy install. Took about 45 min.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Looks alittle high in the front. It could just be me but ill take a pic and let you guys decide. Its only 3/4" . I did put a factory hitch but that doesn't weight that much

·
Registered
989 Posts
I have the Teraflex leveling kit in mine (2" front, 1" rear) with stock Sahara wheels and tires and it looks great (IMHO). Not goofy at all. I plan to go to new wheels and 33" Duratrac's when the stockers wear out and don't plan on lifting any further, so this fits my immediate and future needs.

The pic below makes it appear to have negative rake, but it doesn't. The angle and driveway slope is giving that appearance.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
The tape measure said 3/4" would have put me dead level on my 2-door Sahara.

However, I've seen pics where some Jeeps look to be squatting at a 3/4" front spacer height, so I opted for installing a pair of Teraflex 1/2" spacers up front. Left me with 1/4" rake, which looks just right in my eyes.

I have no need to go taller than the stock 32" tire height, so all is good.

·
Fear The Post Count
317 Posts
Not a great aide shot but teraflex leveling kit (spacers) and 18/60 springs with Rubi wheels/tires. Very happy.....,for now!

image-2035929553.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have the Rubicon tires and rims (17 inch) and wonder if it will look fine with the 2 inch/ 1 inch? Any opinions?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts