Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2-Door JK Sahara Looking to mod it, but nothing extreme.

I've settled on the Procomp 7069, 16x8
Procomp Xtreme MT2 265/75/16 (Same as stock 32s)

I don't really want to go larger, I think it looks pretty balance with 32s right now, but I do want to add new bumpers at some point. Even stock on 32s I think a little boost would help it out.

My question is the best way to get a little bit of lift to help offset the weight of those things. I've looked at the Terreflex Leveling Kit, the AEV 2" Spacer, and even just getting JKU Springs instead. I've read a lot on here about the 3, but the amount of information is overwhelming.

I am considering 33s since I know this would help, but curious if 33s will also require a computer change, the speedometer etc? I do have the lifetime warranty and admitting she'll probably mostly be a mall crawler but I'm curious the impact of those things on the warranty in connection with the suspension. Thanks

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Pilot. I'm in about same boat as you. I just got myself some JKU springs 17/58 on eBay for $39. Gonna give those a try and see what happens. Figure can always change out again or add too those and it was only $40

My stock springs are 13/55

·
Registered
675 Posts
My suggestion is also to do an OEM spring swap. It's a very cost effective way to get a mild lift. I went from 13/56 to 17/59 - got 1.25 inches up front and 1 inch in the rear (which eliminated the rake). The new springs also improved the ride as the softer ones made the Jeep feel a little floaty (a benefit you can't get with spacers).

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've got the 18/60 springs with a 2.5 spacer kit. Let me tell you, between the new rubicon shocks and springs, the ride is so much better.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I went with the rough country 2.5" series II spacer lift. It also levels the jeep at the same time, so it was the best of both worlds. the 2.5" was perfect, made a good improvement on the overall look of the vehicle. I added 1.5" spacers on my wheels, to push them out a bit - and tossed in a fox steering stabilizer. Overall, I'm pleased with the look/drive - and I look forward to getting 35" tires next spring.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback, springs seem like the safer bet, cheaper too, minimal work. I saw the giant 10A spring thread, I'll have to make sense of, the different numbers and heights.....some more research to do, thanks!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, springs seem like the safer bet, cheaper too, minimal work. I saw the giant 10A spring thread, I'll have to make sense of, the different numbers and heights.....some more research to do, thanks!
The 10A springs are likely going to give you 2+ inches of lift on a 2 door, and from what I've heard the ride can be a little stiff. For what you described you probably want to focus on regular JKU take-offs. 10A springs are also more expensive, probably by 50%-100% more.

Look at the white tags on your springs and note the last two digits. On the fronts it'll be between 13 and 19 (likely 13 or 14) and on the rears between 53 and 60 (likely 54 or 55). You're probably going to want to look for an 18/59 or 19/60 set.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The 10A springs are likely going to give you 2+ inches of lift on a 2 door, and from what I've heard the ride can be a little stiff. For what you described you probably want to focus on regular JKU take-offs. 10A springs are also more expensive, probably by 50%-100% more.

Look at the white tags on your springs and note the last two digits. On the fronts it'll be between 13 and 19 (likely 13 or 14) and on the rears between 53 and 60 (likely 54 or 55). You're probably going to want to look for an 18/59 or 19/60 set.

Thanks, is all you need to do is replace the springs? I was reading another thread, i think more towards the 10A springs, that went into details about replacing other parts along with that. Thanks.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Thanks, is all you need to do is replace the springs? I was reading another thread, i think more towards the 10A springs, that went into details about replacing other parts along with that. Thanks.
If all you do is the springs (non 10A), you should not need to do anything else. I also added 3/4 inch spacers later down the road for a total lift of about 2 inches. I had to move the read sway bar links to the front and get new adjustable links for the rear.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I kept it simple and just put a .75" leveling spacer on the front, not bad for $20. I plan on having 33" KO2s once my stock tires die.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Pilot! What did you ultimately decide to go with?
Just finished the spring swap on mine. Also got some rubi shocks. Got to say, i love it! It was exactly what i was looking for. Gave the jk a much better stance and ride. :awesome:

Again, i went from 13/55 to 17/58 and rubi shocks. All for $139, 6 hours, and a bottle of whiskey.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts