Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to put a performance leveling kit by Teraflex on and go to a 33" tire. I am currently running 20x9 Fuel Octane wheels with a 305/50/20 Nitto terra grappler. Since I already have the wheels I'm going to stick with a 20 but I'm only finding a few 33" tires that will work.

What tires would you guys recommend? I will be doing mostly on road driving with some but not much off road. I'd like something aggressive looking and that will last.

Here it is now

Attachments

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Definitely price check some 15" or 16" wheels and 33" tires to fit them minus Craigslisting those 20" wheels versus 33" tires to fit the 20" wheels--you might find that if you sell the 20s you can get new wheels AND tires for less than it'll cost just to buy tires alone for those wheels.

Regardless, as for tire recommendations, I'm a fan of my Goodyear DuraTracs. They're probably the most popular aftermarket tire on this forum. Not sure if they make them in a 33" size for 20" wheels. I assume so. They're definitely available for 15" and 16" wheels.

·
Registered
249 Posts
cdushane said:
I've decided to put a performance leveling kit by Teraflex on and go to a 33" tire. I am currently running 20x9 Fuel Octane wheels with a 305/50/20 Nitto terra grappler. Since I already have the wheels I'm going to stick with a 20 but I'm only finding a few 33" tires that will work.

What tires would you guys recommend? I will be doing mostly on road driving with some but not much off road. I'd like something aggressive looking and that will last.

Here it is now
Wheels are sweet! I like them. I also have 33/12.50/20 on mine and I like the setup. I don't rock crawl just offroading so I do t need all that sidewall. But it's ur jeep do what u like as long as u don't lower it :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wheels are sweet! I like them. I also have 33/12.50/20 on mine and I like the setup. I don't rock crawl just offroading so I do t need all that sidewall. But it's ur jeep do what u like as long as u don't lower it :)
What tire are you running, how do you like them, hows the wear? Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated :thumb:

And NO WAY.....definitely not lowering it :nonono:

·
Registered
249 Posts
cdushane said:
What tire are you running, how do you like them, hows the wear? Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated :thumb:

And NO WAY.....definitely not lowering it :nonono:
Federal couragia mt's. love them. Great hum to them. Not as loud as mud grapplers tho. Wear: my friend has 4dr new Chevy with same tires and 20k miles so far an still not to second stage on the tire lugs. He pulls trailers too. Very aggressive tire. I'm happy with them. :)

·
Registered
483 Posts
20's and mud tires, takes all kinds I guess.

·
Registered
72 Posts
it's just not a "typical" thing on jeeps..
when you think of a jeep, you think of dirt and rocks and fun.. when you say you have 20's on it, it's fine.. just changes the whole persona of the jeep.

personally and probably for the vast majority of people on the site, i would never put anything like that on it. if i wanted to pimp my ride out with chrome and 20+'s i'd definitely never consider purchasing a jeep. cadillac comes to mind though

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm considering the Ready Lift 3"F & 2"R SST leveling kit so I can run a 35" tire. Anyone on here have any experience with this kit or any input?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts