Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I want to lift the Jeep a little. I was set on getting the leveling kit and behappy with it. Then I started looking at the 2.5 Budget Boost. Then I realized that I need to buy shocks or adapters. Do I need adapters for the front and back?

Also, I have 285/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers (31.50 inches tall). Would it look funny if I do the 2.5 and do not change tires? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Also, I have 285/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers (31.50 inches tall). Would it look funny if I do the 2.5 and do not change tires? Any help is appreciated.
My Jeep Wrangler | Jeep Wrangler Lifts here is a link that can give you an idea of what you jeep will look like on a lift tire combo. its your jeep, if it looks good to you then that all that matters:) i think it will look fine IMO

EDIT..... look into rubicon express BB lift they come with or without shocks. i think you can use them with out shocks maybe? someone will chime in on this part

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
How much can you lift a stock JKU before you NEED to get shocks? I want to lift mine 1-2", just so I can clear 33" and was wondering if I just get a set of springs and nothing else, if I will have issues.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
well i just now seen tits for s JK:hide: the info i gave was based on a TJ idk if the same goes for JK's or not.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
OK, so I want to lift the Jeep a little. I was set on getting the leveling kit and behappy with it. Then I started looking at the 2.5 Budget Boost. Then I realized that I need to buy shocks or adapters. Do I need adapters for the front and back?

A TF leveling kit will raise your front 2" and your rear 1", and will fix your Jeep's factory rake.

IMO, a coil lift is better. You can do this a # of ways. You can buy 19/60 Rubi springs ($159 new from Mopar) which, depending on your stock spring strength, will raise your Jeep 1-2". Or you can go with a coil lift, with or without new shocks.

A 2.5" lift will give you the opportunity to run tires up to 35" in the future, if you so decide. And it won't look stupid with your current tires, IMO. Plenty of peeps on the forum have a similar setup.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
well i just now seen tits for s JK:hide: the info i gave was based on a TJ idk if the same goes for JK's or not.
JK's have tits?

I really should pay more attention. :D

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
How much can you lift a stock JKU before you NEED to get shocks? I want to lift mine 1-2", just so I can clear 33" and was wondering if I just get a set of springs and nothing else, if I will have issues.
You will not have issues. Springs will work fine for what you wanna do. See post #5.

BTW...Springs aren't even a necessity. You can clear 33's with nothing (barring heavy wheeling) or just a simple leveling kit. :thumb:

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
A TF leveling kit will raise your front 2" and your rear 1", and will fix your Jeep's factory rake.

IMO, a coil lift is better. You can do this a # of ways. You can buy 19/60 Rubi springs ($159 new from Mopar) which, depending on your stock spring strength, will raise your Jeep 1-2". Or you can go with a coil lift, with or without new shocks.

A 2.5" lift will give you the opportunity to run tires up to 35" in the future, if you so decide. And it won't look stupid with your current tires, IMO. Plenty of peeps on the forum have a similar setup.
So I can install these without any other additions and have no ill effects anywhere?

Eibach Springs Q2-16193JK - Eibach Leveling Lift Kit for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec

What about the brake lines, sway links, etc etc ?

I don't want a "lift" per se. I just want enough clearance to run 33s without any problems, but am not a huge fan of things like spacers, which over time, will rot. I prefer to do it correctly with an integral suspension part, in this case, a spring. I also have a 3/4 inch sag from the front bumper install, so that needs to be addressed. I figured a 3/4 spacer in the front, plus that spring kit, will be a perfect amount of lift and clearance for the 33s, without compromising the ride quality and handling, while not taking me to the cleaners on any extra supporting mods.

I looked into this as well, but I am not sure if all this is necessary for my needs. However, I do want to retain the functionality of all stock components to correct specs, so if I NEED to get all this stuff, so be it.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/16190_2501_07.htm

I made many mistakes in my sports car modifying days, and learned if you try to save a few bucks in the beginning, you are going to buy twice.

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
On a sidenote, where does the company "Full Traction" rank in the quality department? I was eyeing some of their stuff, and it *looks* very high quality...probably better than any other parts I have seen. Just wondering where they stand, and if they are considered a high quality product.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
lol ok to much beer to be on the forum i should stay off here after 7 or 8
No no no...you're more than welcome here late, and loaded. I never would've gotten the word "tits" into one of my posts, otherwise. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
No no no...you're more than welcome here late, and loaded. I never would've gotten the word "tits" into one of my posts, otherwise. :thumb:
lol well im back but not loaded yet just stay tuned lol

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
lol well im back but not loaded yet just stay tuned lol
Peeps don't realize that loaded is simply an extension of who you are, minus the inhibitions.

Welcome back! :thumb:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Do you plan on doing any offroading? I put just a leveling kit on my jeep and just put on 33s yesterday. I am more than satisfied with the amount of lift I got.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Tire

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
So I can install these without any other additions and have no ill effects anywhere?
Eibach Springs Q2-16193JK - Eibach Leveling Lift Kit for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK - Quadratec
What about the brake lines, sway links, etc etc ?
I don't want a "lift" per se. I just want enough clearance to run 33s without any problems, but am not a huge fan of things like spacers, which over time, will rot. I prefer to do it correctly with an integral suspension part, in this case, a spring. I also have a 3/4 inch sag from the front bumper install, so that needs to be addressed. I figured a 3/4 spacer in the front, plus that spring kit, will be a perfect amount of lift and clearance for the 33s, without compromising the ride quality and handling, while not taking me to the cleaners on any extra supporting mods.

I looked into this as well, but I am not sure if all this is necessary for my needs. However, I do want to retain the functionality of all stock components to correct specs, so if I NEED to get all this stuff, so be it.

Teraflex 1352000 - TeraFlex 2.5" Lift Kit with Shock Adapters for 07-12 Jeep® Wrangler Unlimited JK 4 Door - Quadratec

I made many mistakes in my sports car modifying days, and learned if you try to save a few bucks in the beginning, you are going to buy twice.
On a sidenote, where does the company "Full Traction" rank in the quality department? I was eyeing some of their stuff, and it *looks* very high quality...probably better than any other parts I have seen. Just wondering where they stand, and if they are considered a high quality product.
Just saw this, which I didn't see on the Qtec site....

JK 1.5" Performance Leveling Kit 4 Door - Teraflex Products | TeraFlex Suspensions

Seems like Tflex does indeed make a 1.5" coil lift, which will allow me NOT to have to modify my exhaust or anything else, and allow me to run 33" tires. Party time, excellent!
You have no idea how close you came to being slammed. A simple computer crash, and a subsequent post away.

Good luck with your build. :thumb:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Do you plan on doing any offroading? I put just a leveling kit on my jeep and just put on 33s yesterday. I am more than satisfied with the amount of lift I got.

View attachment 91018
That looks great. I might go with the leveling kit. Thanks for the pic.

·
Registered
206 Posts
FWIW, I installed the Teraflex leveling kit last weekend and it's perfect to run 33's (which are getting ordered soon.) It comes with new sway bar (greaseable) links for the front and can be installed in a few hours with the help of a friend. I think it has actually improved the ride of my Jeep b/c it firmed up the front a bit and it looks much better too.

·
Registered
696 Posts
JK-Uknowit said:
FWIW, I installed the Teraflex leveling kit last weekend and it's perfect to run 33's (which are getting ordered soon.) It comes with new sway bar (greaseable) links for the front and can be installed in a few hours with the help of a friend. I think it has actually improved the ride of my Jeep b/c it firmed up the front a bit and it looks much better too.
Is this a spring or spacer kit? I don't see how a spacer kit can firm up anything if the stock springs and shocks are still being used. The spring rate isn't changing nor is the shock rate.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts