Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may have a newbie question, but I will ask anyway. I did search the topic, but not sure I found the answer. I just picked up a 2008 wrangler unlimited. I am not a fan of the front end sagging look. My plan was to pick up a leveling kit for fix that. The thing that does not make complete sense is the sizes.
If sitting on a flat surface the difference of the fender to the tire is 2" from the front to the back. The leveling kit looks like it is 1" or 2" in the front and 1" in the back. I was leaning toward doing the front and the back so I can put 33's on there easier. My question is that I don't see how adding spacers that are 1" different will make a 2" offset look level. Am I thinking correct??

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
I may have a newbie question, but I will ask anyway. I did search the topic, but not sure I found the answer. I just picked up a 2008 wrangler unlimited. I am not a fan of the front end sagging look. My plan was to pick up a leveling kit for fix that. The thing that does not make complete sense is the sizes. If sitting on a flat surface the difference of the fender to the tire is 2" from the front to the back. The leveling kit looks like it is 1" or 2" in the front and 1" in the back. I was leaning toward doing the front and the back so I can put 33's on there easier. My question is that I don't see how adding spacers that are 1" different will make a 2" offset look level. Am I thinking correct??
Unless you have weight up front the average rake is only 1"
You dont have to install a kit, many will only install spacers up front to remove the rake.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
36,231 Posts
There are different ways to take your measurement.
Some measure from the ground to the fenders, others measure center of hub to fender. Measuring your pinch seam to ground, or frame to ground. And still others will use a level.

So, the bottom line is, how does it look to you. Does it look the way that you want it to.

Why not start out with installing the 2" spacer in the front. Then take a look at it!!!
If it looks to high in the front, then install the 1" in the rear.

Also, keep in mind, if you get it leveled out, then what happens if you add weight to the back? Passengers, cargo, or haul a trailer. Running a negative rake to the rear, is not desirable!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I will have to measure again, but I am pretty sure it was 2". The crazy thing is that I don't remember it being that different when I purchased it a couple weeks ago. The rake is something that is not pleasing to my eyes and thought this jeep already had the leveling kit in it. Then one day it just looked like the front sagged a bunch or someone put a bunch of air in the back shocks like back in the day.

·
RETIRED MODERATER
36,231 Posts
The only thing that I can think of, that would change you rake slightly would be gas in your tank.

I believe that gas weighs about 6 lbs. per gallon. But even that, should only make a minimal difference, full tank, verses empty

·
Registered
21,767 Posts
Some forget..... The front fender flare is cut higher than the rear. This might be throwing you off on your measurements.

Do a search on line for stock JKU height. Then look at the pix for measurements.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts