Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.... I have a stock 2013 Wrangler Sahara 4 door. As we all know the front sits lower than the rear ... I bought a 2 inch ready lift leveling kit just for the front to bring it up to match the rear. Have not installed it yet but wondering if I bought the right size? Will 2 inches make it sit level? Any comments greatly appreciated!!
Thanks

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi.... I have a stock 2013 Wrangler Sahara 4 door. As we all know the front sits lower than the rear ... I bought a 2 inch ready lift leveling kit just for the front to bring it up to match the rear. Have not installed it yet but wondering if I bought the right size? Will 2 inches make it sit level? Any comments greatly appreciated!! Thanks
Do a search on this topic there are numerous threads about it. But to answer your question. Yes 2" will be enough to level it. Teraflex kit comes with 2" front 1" rear so it still stills slightly higher in the rear.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
I bought the TF 1.5 leveling kit at the same time I bought a new bumper and winch. After all the sag from the additional weight, I ended up only using the 2" in the front initially. Not being satisfied, I upgraded the front springs from 14 to 17 and added the rear 1" and love the stance now.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I have a 2" front leveling kit on my 2014 JKR 2-door and yes it sits level. It looks and runs great. No desire to lift the rear as don't want that rake back and happy on Rubicon stock wheels and tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
A leveling kit is probably the only lift related thing I want to do to my jeep. But I want something in writing from my local dealership that it will not void my factory or lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I checked with my local dealership who said a 2" leveling kit would not void the warranty
If you hear any differently please update me.
I am still under regular warranty but was thinking about getting the mopar maxcare lifetime.

A leveling kit is probably the only lift related thing I want to do to my jeep. But I want something in writing from my local dealership that it will not void my factory or lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Cool, I just noticed your in Portland. Which dealership is it? I'd like to check with them too. Thanks

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congrats!
When I asked them if there would be any problems with warranty they said as it was only a leveling spacer that would not be a problem at all. I didn't get anything in writing though. From reading on the forums I never found a case where it voided a warranty. Lifts are a different story.
Although I think there are some approved Mopar lifts that do not void the warranty as long as they are done by a dealership.
Happy Jeeping :)

Awesome, that's where I bought my jeep and warranty 2 weeks ago. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Your not going to get that. And it won't "void" your warranty.

If something in the lift fails, or because of your lift something fails (perhaps you didn't properly torque everything) they very well could and likely would deny warranty coverage.

But if you install a lift and your hard top develops a leak...well that would be a tough conversation on why the lift caused that.

I mean, otherwise installing seat covers would "void" your warranty. Or a replacement aftermarket antenna, or grab handles.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Congrats!
When I asked them if there would be any problems with warranty they said as it was only a leveling spacer that would not be a problem at all. I didn't get anything in writing though. From reading on the forums I never found a case where it voided a warranty. Lifts are a different story.
Although I think there are some approved Mopar lifts that do not void the warranty as long as they are done by a dealership.
Happy Jeeping :)
Did you have it done at the dealership? Trying to get an idea of cost. Definitely something I wouldn't know how to do myself...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It's annoying how much leveling kits are. The leveling kit for my Silverado was $50.

Plus I don't have any tool and have a small garage apartment so I'd have to pay someone to do it.

Plus I'd have to find a shop I trusted. I have to start researching I guess.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Would a stock JKUR need a 2" leveling kit as well? Wasnt sure if 2 doors were different than 4

·
Registered
494 Posts
But if you install a lift and your hard top develops a leak...well that would be a tough conversation on why the lift caused that.

Not really a tough conversation, it will void your warranty, the lift caused the leak, the jeep was now closer to the clouds, therefore the rain drops were able to make their way in to the jeep easier, your fault, warranty denied!

·
Registered
265 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Also going to be getting a leveling kit soon. I really like the look of this kit since you don't have to compress the springs, which I've heard is the most laborious part of the process and you will almost definitely need a specific tool (which you can borrow from O'Reilly) to compress them. Taking that step out would be nice. Looking forward to some feedback from more experienced users

·
Registered
86 Posts
Also going to be getting a leveling kit soon. I really like the look of this kit since you don't have to compress the springs, which I've heard is the most laborious part of the process and you will almost definitely need a specific tool (which you can borrow from O'Reilly) to compress them. Taking that step out would be nice. Looking forward to some feedback from more experienced users
I installed the Teraflex leveling springs on my 2103 jk and they went in without using a spring compressor. Supported the frame on stands and lowered the axle. I did find it a little difficult to torque the bolts because there wasn't a lot of room under the jeep.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts