Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just traded in my 2014 jk unlimited Sahara for a 2016 jk unlimited rubicon hard rock. I want to level it out but also add a little bit of a lift but not too much that the factory wheels look too small. But I also want it to be noticeable and not too costly. Quadratic has a 1.75" level/lift kit for $130. Would this be enough for what I'm trying to achieve? Also if I were to get that could I get extra 1" or 2" spacers or something to give it a total of 2.75" - 3.75" of lift?

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Welcome,

Many here are more knowledgable in this Dept than I, but if you're looking for a nearly 4" lift, you're talking big bucks to do it "right", and stock wheels/tires will look small (to most). Personally, I like the slight lift/pizza cutter look, but I don't like the look and idea of straying too far from stock.
You might get more help if you include your off-road, if any, intentions.
Good luck on your search.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
The RC series II budget boost is $180.00. It along with 1.5" wheel spacers will give you an improved stance over stock that still looks okay with stock 255/75-17s.

Low cost, run it for a while, chip away on other mods (armor, winch, etc). By the time your stock tires are worn, you'll know more about what you want than anybody in this forum.

From there, you can run up to 35's as is or look into a mild to wild suspension lift. Key is, YOU will know exactly what you want.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not really wanting a major lift its a daily driver and not really necessary I guess. So I think I'll just do the 1.75" leveling/lift kit and call it good. I personally hate the tilted stock look.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How is the ride? Still feel or a little rough? Do you have a link on where to get the bb lift and spacers?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just installed the Teraflex leveling kit on my 2016 this weekend. I do notice the lift and think it is perfect and my jeep is "level." I don't notice any real difference in ride quality. Note: I'm currently running with 285/70 r17 Duratracs

Super happy 2 days in.

Note: I did the install myself, not too difficult however pulling the springs out was a bit of a pain. I borrowed a tool from O'Reilly's to compress the springs which helped A LOT.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just installed the Teraflex leveling kit on my 2016 this weekend. I do notice the lift and think it is perfect and my jeep is "level." I don't notice any real difference in ride quality. Note: I'm currently running with 285/70 r17 Duratracs

Super happy 2 days in.

Note: I did the install myself, not too difficult however pulling the springs out was a bit of a pain. I borrowed a tool from O'Reilly's to compress the springs which helped A LOT.
Did you get the one with the coils or without?

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Thanks a bunch. Probably going to order the 2.5" lift. Maybe get the spacers later. Looks awesome.
Install was pretty straight forward. The brake line brackets didn't work quite right on my 2014. I improvised with some hardware store stuff.

The spydertrax wheel spacers are kind of the high end standard, others have reported good results with other brands. Also - have heard you can order blemished sets from spydertrax.

·
Registered
655 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I just installed the Daystar 1.75" spacer lift on my JKU this last weekend. The install was pretty straight forward, but because my jeep is an 08 I had quite a bit of rust on the sway bar bolts. Ended up shearing two off, and I used a lot of wd40. Oh well had to drill them out. As far as looks it's perfect for what I want since I don't plan on going anything bigger than 34's, maybe even 33's. This kit will NOT level the jeep. I still have a slight rake because the front and rear spacers are both 1.75"...but I don't mind the rake. Ride is just like stock and the beauty of this kit is no messing with steering stabilizers, track bars etc. And if I stay under 35's no need to regear. I do have a heavy duty rear end.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts