Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2016 JKU Sport, I will be putting 33" tires on it,
this is a DD and will be used on dirt roads. (hunting
So many aftermarket lifts my head is spinning. I've called two different
company's and everyone has there own recommendations.
So I will leave it up to you on here to decide.
If I need to buy coil springs or shocks I'm fine with that. I just want
a lift to fit 33" tires. Budget less then $700. to spend.
Teraflex, Rubicon Express,Skyjacker, Rough Country,Quadterc,Pro Comp,
Rancho, or others.

Alan T

·
Registered
546 Posts
Given your uses, the Teraflex leveling kit should be all you need. I've been running it for 3 years, have 33" KM2 tires, and am completely satisfied with it. The DIY install is not tough if you have some help and the right tools (although their instructions suck).

·
Registered
24 Posts
I went with a terraflex 2.5 coil lift after months of research and driving other trucks with AEV 3.5" and a terraflex 3".
Got 3.25" of lift on my 16 jku willys.
Get the lift with shock adaptors and then buy some bilstiens or fox's when your budget allows.

·
Registered
10,546 Posts
If your planning to add weight in the future, go coils.. if not, go BB (any manufacturer will do). For coils, I'd say go RE based on your list. I have past experience with RE and the ride quality is on par with my current RK setup.

They recently updated their coils, and the best part is the Tuned/Rebadged bilstein 5100's.

$629ish from northridge4x4 using wranglerforum discount code.
Exhaust spacer and geometry bracket will be a little over your budget @ $778

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response. What about a lift that you build onto, like this year add coil spacers, then shocks or coil springs. I was hoping to build this in sections per say.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I just bought a 2016 JKU Sport, I will be putting 33" tires on it, this is a DD and will be used on dirt roads. (hunting So many aftermarket lifts my head is spinning. I've called two different company's and everyone has there own recommendations. So I will leave it up to you on here to decide. If I need to buy coil springs or shocks I'm fine with that. I just want a lift to fit 33" tires. Budget less then $700. to spend. Teraflex, Rubicon Express,Skyjacker, Rough Country,Quadterc,Pro Comp, Rancho, or others. Alan T
I'm in the same boat. My leveling kit was delivered today! I got it on this site for half the price. Good luck with whatever you decide!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the Rubicon Express 2.5in with 33 KO2s on my JKU and love it. Rides smooth, all the parts are heavy duty and seem tough, good quality components and it has everything you need for a small lift. Looks great on the rig and was an easy install. I paid low 600s on Morris4x4 for it. I plan on adding geometry brackets, steering stabilizer, etc as time goes on but in terms of a complete kit around your budget I think it is a great kit.

·
Registered
215 Posts

Teraflex 2.5" coil lift with 305/70/17 TGs. If I were to do it over again, I would go with the 1.5" leveling kit and possibly add the smallest spacer up front for the winch/bumper combo (winch not yet installed). More so for that when I put flat fenders on it the tires don't look factory.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Why not both? i did the rough country series ii 2.5 spacer lift/level kit. Fairly cheap. Didn't need the exhaust spacer (currently returning.) - I added some wheel spacers to the stock wheels - looks pretty good. Sure, the tires could be bigger, but they only have 15k miles on them, and they ain't worth much. I'll be happy for year.. then i'll upgrade to bigger tires and rims.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Why not both? i did the rough country series ii 2.5 spacer lift/level kit. Fairly cheap. Didn't need the exhaust spacer (currently returning.) - I added some wheel spacers to the stock wheels - looks pretty good. Sure, the tires could be bigger, but they only have 15k miles on them, and they ain't worth much. I'll be happy for year.. then i'll upgrade to bigger tires and rims.
Can you post a couple pics? I'm thinking of going with the series 2 as we'll.
thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
I went with the 1.5" TeraFlex leveling pucks and am satisfied. Part of my decision to go with the pucks vs. a full coil and shock upgrade was because I didn't see the need to take off and replace brand new parts. I figure when I hit 50-60K miles, I'll go with a coil and shock upgrade.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is it diy?

OP - are you planning to do the work yourself? If so, then your options are pretty good. I have done a few lifts myself and very recently did a TF 2.5 coil with shock adapters.
Personally, I would say that if you do a phased approach, then skip any coil spacers all together. Not worth the hassle. Do the upgraded coils first. Can be done for about 475 based on my order cost.
You will learn a ton about your Jeep and it is a ton easier to do just the shocks later... If you determine to be needed.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I just bought a 2016 JKU Sport, I will be putting 33" tires on it,
this is a DD and will be used on dirt roads. (hunting
So many aftermarket lifts my head is spinning. I've called two different
company's and everyone has there own recommendations.
So I will leave it up to you on here to decide.
If I need to buy coil springs or shocks I'm fine with that. I just want
a lift to fit 33" tires. Budget less then $700. to spend.
Teraflex, Rubicon Express,Skyjacker, Rough Country,Quadterc,Pro Comp,
Rancho, or others.

Alan T
All you need is the teraflex leveling kit, it can be had for under $200. Technically you can run 33s without a lift, but the leveling kit will give the added clearence.

·
Registered
94 Posts
20160222_163401.jpg

Series ii kit, with wheel spacers. stock rims/tires/springs.

Will upgrade more, once I get a bit more wear on my jeep, since it's still fairly new.

·
Registered
94 Posts
and one final note, for those interested in a 2.5 lift. When I first had mine installed, my spouse was driving me back to the installer, and I saw the jeep outside. my spouse's first comment was "does it even look any different?" - at first, I was like "hmm, no."

Honestly, it's not until you walk UP to the jeep, and you're like "wow, ok.. this is def higher". Then when you get into the car, it's like "yup, def, for sure"

Honestly - a 2.5" lift makes the jeep look/feel how it should have, from the factory. The 1.5 wheel spacers even help make it look more aggressive. I couldn't be more pleased. I was afraid a lift would scream "d00che", but this is subtle, yet very noticeable.

Also, at 6'2", 200lbs, lugging around a laptop/bag/iced coffee/lunch/cellphone - getting in/out of the car is still fairly easy, but it does require a bit more ooomph. If you have a wife/child under 5'8", this may be a bit of a challenge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just installed the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift with stock shock extensions and couldn't be happier. It took about 6 hours by myself. I think it actually rides better now than it did stock. I added a set of 35" BFG's and I love the way is looks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts