Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I own a 2014 JK Unlimited and have to replace the front bumper do to an over jealous reverse job by a Chevy at Lowes. I'd like to put on an aftermarket with winch and realize with the added weight comes more parts. Will I be OK just to put on a HD spring leveling kit like a Terra Flex or do I need to go stronger? I really don't plan on putting bigger tires or anything as this is a daily driver but want to be sure the nose doesn't sag. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've heard that spacers don't hold up with the added weight over time. Between cracks and outright failure, I've heard springs is the better option.

·
Super Moderator
16,387 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that I have some positives for the spacers, do the swaybar links matter? Some kits come with, some dont. It's not so much a budget thing as it is a quality thing. This is my first Jeep that I've owned and from past experiences with lift kits, it pays to research every detail. I've already had a small headache with led headlights on it!

·
Vendor
6,014 Posts
Now that I have some positives for the spacers, do the swaybar links matter? Some kits come with, some dont. It's not so much a budget thing as it is a quality thing. This is my first Jeep that I've owned and from past experiences with lift kits, it pays to research every detail. I've already had a small headache with led headlights on it!
In my opinion you'll want to run longer sway bar links when you "lift" the front of your Jeep to level it out. This will ensure that the ride and handling stay as close to stock as possible.

You can figure out how much your new bumper/winch combo will weigh and put that much weight (minus the stock bumper weight) on the front bumper and see how much sag you get. That way you'll know what you're getting into and what size spacer you'll need.

Let me know if you have other questions or if you'd like a quote!

-Ryan

·
Registered
892 Posts
I'd guess that springs sag as much or more than a spacer would deteriorate, but you can go with the Teraflex 1.5 Performance Leveling kit. That will get you around 2" in front and 1" in back, all springs... Teraflex Wrangler 1.5 Inch Coil Spring Leveling Kit 1351500 (07-15 Wrangler JK 4 Door) - Free Shipping The Mammoth leveling kit is all steel: http://www.extremeterrain.com/mammoth-leveling-kit-jk-j101068.html
Rokmen makes some awesome looking metal spacers too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts