Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 15 Sahara I put in a teraflex leveling kit which I believe was 2" in the front and 1" in the rear I basically just want to eliminate the front rake so I want to just throw in a set of front spring spacers my options from various manufacturers seem to be 1/2 3/4 1.25 and 1.5 for a front end leveling kit strange no 1 inch that I could find what you folks suggest the proper size should be?

·
Registered
74 Posts
The Teraflex leveling kit you installed should have gotten rid of the rake unless you have a heavy front bumper and winch. Spring spacers lift by the amount listed so just park on a level surface and measure at the pinch weld behind the front wheel and in front of the rear wheel to see what the difference is.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes on my old JK that kit eliminated the rake nicely but on the new JL I don't want to lift the rear just the front

·
Registered
74 Posts
Didn't catch it was on different vehicle, but suggestion still stands. Just measure those 2 points from the ground and get a spring spacer to make up the different between the front and rear.

·
Registered
99 Posts
So the leveling kit makes the Jeep level but what happens when you load up the back? Then the rear end droops compared to the front which has now been lifted. I'd think that would be much worse than having a more aerodynamic downward slope of the front as it came from the factory.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I added front pucks only to my JL, I think there were .75" and leveled it very nicely. FYI, the JK front pucks fit the JL.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I added front pucks only to my JL, I think there were .75" and leveled it very nicely. FYI, the JK front pucks fit the JL.
I ordered the rubicon steel front bumper so when that's installed with the steel skid plate I want to see how much the extra weight adds to the front drop before buying the pucks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts