Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at the 10A and it sits low in the front by a fair bit. I measured about 2 inches front to rear. Has a winch up front so perhaps that contributed.

I've been contemplating a 1 inch spacer lift in the front to level it a bit.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
23,659 Posts
Simple to do

Reactions: Pressurized

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Yes, you can add a spacer to the front only to level it. Another option would be a 'heavier' front spring. I'm not sure what the 10As came with for front springs from the factory, but you could check the spring number and see if there are any higher numbers available.

Reactions: emcvay

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the 10A springs are longer/taller as part of the lift component (they were slightly lifted at the factory) and it rides great (it's basically still new despite being 8 years old due to it's low miles -- 24k). I'm not sure what the standard rake is (can someone let me know) but when measuring the top as well as the fenders I get about two inches front to back which seems a bit steep.

My thought was either 3/4" or 1" leveling spacers in the front to bring it back up a little though I'm also uncertain just how much I should 'level' it just yet. Guess I could talk with my mechanic (I don't do much wrenching anymore so am out of touch a bit these days).

·
Super Moderator
6,148 Posts
Yeah, the 10A uses the same extra tall springs the Recon uses as I understand.
You probably won’t find a taller stock spring.
You absolutely can use spring spacers to level it. Just add however much spacer to raise the front end however much you want it raised. It would be a one to one ratio.
I will say you can’t measure level by measuring the fender gaps. The fender gaps are not even front to back when the Jeep is level. A better way to measure level is to measure from the ground to the pinch seam along the bottom of the body. That should give you a hard number for how much spacer to add to get it level.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good points. I went out and measured the rock rails front to rear (so inside the wheels vs end to end) and it was 1.125" higher in the rear on the rock rails vs the front. (19.125" up front and 20.250" at the rear) which suggests close to a 2" rake (at least to a carpenter). I may not be measuring at the perfect place but that does appear to show what I'm seeing visually. How much rake is there normally? Will the winch drive the front down that much?

·
Super Moderator
23,659 Posts
a winch will cause a small bit of sag depending on how much the winch weighs combined with the winch plate weight.

·
Super Moderator
6,148 Posts
Good points. I went out and measured the rock rails front to rear (so inside the wheels vs end to end) and it was 1.125" higher in the rear on the rock rails vs the front. (19.125" up front and 20.250" at the rear) which suggests close to a 2" rake (at least to a carpenter). I may not be measuring at the perfect place but that does appear to show what I'm seeing visually. How much rake is there normally? Will the winch drive the front down that much?
There is usually around 1” of rake rear to front stock. It sounds like you have 1&1/8” of rake by those numbers, maybe 1&1/4” at the most. A 1” spacer should get rid of most of that. You could use a 1&1/4” spacer if you want to get rid of all the rake. But a 1” spacer is a lot easier to find than a 1&1/4” spacer.
Don’t include the parts of the Jeep in front of the front axle or behind the rear axle in the rake numbers. They aren’t part of the equation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2016 Hard Rock, similar in build to your 10A. I have a Warn VR EVO10 winch (with synthetic rope) in a Maximus-3 cradle and installed Teraflex 1" spacers in the front. It sits pretty level in my eye while still not looking like it is squatting when I am towing my small skiff or pop up camper.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Will the winch drive the front down that much?
On my 2014 Rubicon X (same front bumper as 10A), it sagged 3/4" when I added a Warn Zeon 10S with the mounting plate.

·
Registered
717 Posts
On my 2014 Rubicon X (same front bumper as 10A), it sagged 3/4" when I added a Warn Zeon 10S with the mounting plate.
Same here. My 2016 JKUR sagged about 3/4" to 1" in front after adding the Warn Zeon 10S. The AEV lift leveled everything out perfectly but that is a diff discussion.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all. I think I will do the 1" pucks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
So I have a 2016 JKU with the same setup (10A bumper) and issue (sag/rack). I installed a 2" leveling kit from Skyjack, basically it comes with a 2" puck for the front and 1" puck for the back. All leveled-up now even with a low-profile winch that is installed hidden inside the bumper (with wired and wireless remote). All good.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,148 Posts
I like the Teraflex version of the spacer leveling kit. Instead of a 2" spacer up front it comes with two stackable 1" spacers for the front and a 1" spacer for the rear. That gives you several options on how you install it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Remeasured in the shop when I was trimming the bumper end caps and it sure looks like 1" front to rear on the rock rails. I also checked the rack up top and it showed about 1" front to rear using my 4 foot level (a little tough to do but I was curious) so I ordered the 1" Teraflex spacers to level it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts